“December holiday with the family”
Review of Hannah Game Lodge

Hannah Game Lodge
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I opted for the standard unit at a 4 star establishment hoping for the best accommodation. However I was not happy with the standard of the linen in those rooms. They seemed old and had also lost their original white colour. The unit that I was in had a faint smell of a cleaning product (which was not pleasant). The carpets had stains.
This was a huge let down on the rooms side which is where you spend most of your time when on holiday. .
I would also suggest that you add a bar fridge in your rooms just to give your guests the option to bring their own drinks/snacks etc.
The food at the restaurant was great, they had various menus daily which helpded.
The view as beautiful as ever, with the game animals not too far away.

Room Tip: Opt for the luxury apartments because those seem to be well looked after.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
HannahManager, Owner at Hannah Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. It is important to me to know how I can improve on the lodge.
The linen in the lodge is cream and I choose that as we use more autumn colors in the lodge.
I am sorry for the carpets we had a lot of storms in Nov and Dec. The new carpets have already been ordered and should be installed in the next week.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I am really glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Kind regards

Selize

Reviewed 22 December 2016

What a perfect place to stay and see / feel Africa. The road to the resort goes through the reserve and reveals lots of different animals and gets the excitement going before you arrive! the reception was very friendly and with a welcome drink. The little houses / rooms were basic but it gives you the feeling that you are in South-Africa, lots of wood and warm colors. The restaurant and service was excellent, as i said very friendly and helpful staff.
We really enjoyed our 2 nights staying here and wish we could stay longer. Due to the weather our game drive was cancelled but if someone asked us 'which hotels or resorts would you advise?' Hannah Lodge would definitely be one of them!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful report. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with
us.
Hope to see you again!!!!!

Kind regards

Selize

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Overall the property is beautiful and well kept and the food they serve is delicious. My only complaint would be the service. I had asked the front desk for an extra towel and the guy who was working that night refused to give me one. He was more interested in talking to his friend rather then helping me out. Another person who was standing behind me asked if there was a house keeper onsite to help me with my request and again he said they all went home fore the day and he couldn't help me. So, I decided to write my expirence on the notebook they keep in the front lobby for guest to write in only to find out the next day that someone ripped out the page I had wrote my experience on(you could clearly see it was ripped out). I have never been to a hotel that denied a guest an extra towel whether it's a 3 star or a 5 star, it's just bad practice. I had other issues but very minor. I could've told the owners of the lodge about my experience (they were staying at the lodge the same time I was) but I thought I'd handle it the appropriate way and that was through manegment. I later told the manager what had happened and I left my email with him and he told me he'd reach out to me to let me know the issue was handled but never did. Had he took the time out of his day to contact me I would not be writing this negative review. It's sad because I really wanted to come back but the service wasn't so good so for that reason I will not be returning to this location.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
HannahManager, Owner at Hannah Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review on the lodge.

I am sad to hear about your bad experience.
I will definitely address this issue and will strive to improve all guests experiences in this regard.

You are welcome to contact me directly at: gm@hannahlodge.co.za

Kind Regards

Selize Kinnear

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

It is the most beautiful place. Wonderful and frendly service. Best food i had for a long time. Wonderful Game drive and lot of game been seen. Nice swimming area and accomodation was very nice. Parking area were awy from accomodation.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
HannahManager, Owner at Hannah Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

I am so happy to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

This is a large and sprawling property made of a huge central building which houses the reception, dining area and bar. It is located on the side of hill and offers stunning views of the countryside on three side which are all glassed for maximum light (We sat at breakfast watching an ostrich wandering about!). The enormous thatched ceiling towers above the dining area giving a feeling of space, light and coolness. There is also a balcony running across the length of the front of the building for outside dining and drinks. Wi-Fi was available in the main building but not in the rooms.
The guest accommodation is thatched roof lodges which are accessed via meandering paths through the manicured grounds with colourful bushes and water features.
Our lodge had a stunning view over the lowlands and a small patio area at the front to make the most of it. It was bright modern and clean.
The food was superb. Both breakfast and dinner were buffet style which a wide choice off dishes. Everything was piping hot and of excellent quality. On one of the evenings we were here, all the dishes were South African - as I love to taste the local dishes, this was perfect for me.
The staff were friendly and helpful - if anything a little over-eager to clear plates and clean rooms!
The only downside for us was the music was piped in the main building apparently on a continuous loop. It was predominantly hymns played on stringed instruments and was reminiscent of the type played in funeral parlours!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raggymo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ohrigstad
35.6 km away
23.8 km away
The Shoe
The Shoe
#3 of 4 in Ohrigstad

Been to Hannah Game Lodge? Share your experiences!