“Restaurant at the lodge a dissapointment”
Review of Kwanyoni

Kwanyoni
Ranked #37 of 99 Restaurants in Nelspruit
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We did not stay at the lodge but went to the restaurant for dinner as we were staying in a guest house close by and it was recommended to us. The waiter was disinterested and distracted, not great service. He took 30 minuted to come back after serving us drinks to take our order. There was one other table of 10 celebrating a birthday and another table of 3 outside on the deck. We had to repeat our order slowly, even showing him the item on the menu. When the food came my order was wrong. I ordered the mussel and prawn pot but got prawns served in a snail bowl. They brought me the mussels in a bowl separately after. Both were delicious though. My colleage ordered the speciality, Skaap kop (Sheeps head) with pap, sauce and veggies as per the menu. In fact is was half a sheep head, hardly any edible meat on it and there were no veggies. My other colleague ordered the rump steak which she said was tasty, a bit tough but the disappointment was that they served it with smash, artificial mashed potato. Also no veggies but onion rings. All in all, not great and we will not be back.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat along the N4 and stopped at Kwanyoni for a bite to eat. We were pleasantly surprised about their friendly service, quality food, lovely decor and unusual pets, which the kids really enjoyed.

We will certainly stop over again on our way to/from Kruger Park!
Kwanyoni also offers chalets for the overnight visitor.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Sunday buffet....we were the only couple on the deck and it says “bookings essential”! Nice setting, but food tasteless.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We ate there on two consecutive evenings and Phillip helped us on both. The service is courteous and fairly quick. You get a generous carafe of wine for R20 and the meal proportions are generous. However I was not a fan of the way in which the chicken stir fry was prepared.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We arrived on a Monday evening shortly before the kitchen closed.

We ordered a Greek salad to share as a starter, rump steak medium rare and lamb curry. We were told that the last portion of lamb curry was already served. We then ordered the oxtail instead and without asking was given this at the same lower price as the curry.

The portions were huge but we finished everything. The food and service can only be described as excellent. I also agree with the review by Gasparca in that the steak was as good as any I ever had.

We will definitely visit again.