All reviews malelane gate the river main building a la carte menu deluxe room hippos and crocodiles bit worn main asset turn down service few meters breakfast and dinner perfect view yogurt safari park drive africa
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Very poor service from Pestana Kruger - hotel overbooked and even though I had a confirmation from both OTA and hotel reservations direct AND had paid in full for our 2 rooms, they were unable to assist - attitude was “drive back to Joburg” at 16:00 in the afternoon - only person who tried to offer a solution was the lady at the Safari Desk - absolutely shocked by the poor service, unprofessional staff and lack of empathy from the GM David Hackney - and yes Mr Hackney, I do hold you and your team responsible regardless of your excuses - YOUR TEAM CONFIRMED MY BOOKING ! You will certainly hear from me further as I await an apology, a full refund and also recompense for the inconvenience and for ruining our planned weekend away

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank SharonH549
Dave H, General Manager at Pestana Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

SharonH

We are sorry that this happened to you and , as per my previous reply below , hope that the agency responsible has fully refunded you

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Despite having a fully paid reservation through Booking.com and a written confirmation from the hotel, we were told on arrival that the reservation had not been accepted by the hotel central reservations.
Now, if that’s not enough, the manager (Dave Hackney) did not offer any assistance or responsibility. His staff confirmed the reservation. His attitude: there is nothing I can do.

Whilst we were waiting, there was another couple that was very upset about the treatment that they received so we clearly not the only ones that were upset.

So after a 410 km drive we ended up in the Numbi hotel in Hazyview, another 110 km drive away.

Pestana: I will never use any of your facilities ever again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank hhunink
Dave H, Owner at Pestana Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear hhunink

We are sorry that tis happened to you and hope that the agency responsible has fully refunded you

The Pestana Team

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We spent a week at Pestana and had a deluxe room that was facing directly into Kruger Park. The river just outside was ful of hippos and crocodiles.
The food was OK and the service was overall good. We did miss wifi in the rooms, if you need to get connected you must go to the main building. The pool was nice, but to cold to swim in during the winter season.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank AnnaH2468
Dave H, General Manager at Pestana Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear AnnaH

Thank you for taking the time to post your review

The team here at Pestana Kruger are so pleased to see that you had a good experience in our lovely hotel

We are considering various options for the provision of WiFi in our guests bungalows in the future

Dave Hackney

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We were a large group of 10 family members ending our Kruger Park experience from Olifant’s camp to Skukuza Camp and finally the Pestane Kruger Lodge. We found this combination very satisfying. The camps in Kruger are very good but basic, so we felt it slightly luxurious to stay at Pestana.

We particularly enjoyed the quite amazing terrace with a view to a lot of hippies, water bocks, antilopes and monkeys and the beautiful mountains surrounding the place.

Though having ordered a meal already when making our reservation in April 2017 we could not get a table till 8pm which is rather late when bringing fairly small children. It was a buffet which was OK, and the restaurant was nicely heated with a fire place. The staff was not too friendly.
Breakfast was abundant, but the restaurant was very cold, also because you could not close the windows properly.
But totally we had a nice stay at Pestana - but the view was the best

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Dave H, General Manager at Pestana Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear SOSSilkeborg

Thank you for taking the time to send your review

My team and I are genuinely pleased to see that you and your family had such a lovely experience

Sorry about the cold wind blowing through the windows - you will be pleased to know this is now resolved

Dave Hackney

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I arrived with nine of my overseas guest for lunch.
We had called a couple of days earlier to make sure that they knew nine people were coming for lunch.
On arrival-we announced that we would like to sit on the patio, but realized they had put a new coating on their deck, then moved inside. At 12:20 pm we placed our orders for lunch and none of us placed big orders but light lunches .
After an hour and twenty minutes I asked our server if the lunches were being plated and she did not know. After an two hours I asked to speak to the general manager Mr Dave Hackney and after my conversation with him realized that he was not interested in my complaint and was not interested in guests arriving for lunch at this establishment. I then asked another person and was told that he could not give me the owners name who lives in Portugal. Pestana restaurant and lodge should be downgraded to a two-star lodge.
We had sat there for almost two hours waiting for our meal. We then got up and left, what a disappointment not only to me but to my guests from all over the world. With four chefs in the kitchen, it was a shocking experience

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Davidsling
Dave H, General Manager at Pestana Kruger Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear davidslinger

We were so dissapointed to see your negative experience at the lodge

My team and are always take it to heart when guests leave unhappy . We have instituted certain measure to better control the lunch bookings that we recieve

I do apologise for the poor service you recieved