Kruger View Chalets(Malelane)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$280
US$267
Priceline
  • Pool
Selati 103 Guest Cottages(Malelane)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
  • Pool
Rio Vista Lodge(Malelane)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
US$119
US$184
  • Pool
All reviewsmalelane gatethe rivera la carte menumain buildingdeluxe roomsmain assetturn down servicebreakfast packscape townbreakfast and dinnerperfect viewsafariparkdrivecrocodilesafricaecho
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We spent a few days here. Main asset is the large terrass and excellent food. Supported by a nice glass of wine, we saw some different Krüger-animals already by the evening of arrival: Hippos, crocs, different antilops and more. In the room, the shower has some water damage, and a safe which was very easy to lock yourself out of (which was taken care of immediately). Monkeys on the balcony, eager to steal any eatables. The large terrace needs improvements, the handrail leaned a bit outwards on places, and some floor planks felt a bit soft to step on. Great food! Great staff!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Not a place I would stay at but was part of a price I won. The build up and website promises so much...... and then you get here. Setting 10/10. Staff weren't to bad.
The room we got smelled musty and on inspection we found the aircon to leak into the room making a huge wet patch on the carpet. It must be this way for quite some time as the TV cabinet is on its way out because of the water that damages it. So we complained and got moved to another room.
In this one the toilet doesn't stop running if you don't remove the cistern cover and stop it manually. Towels must be from 10 years ago. Not the quality you would expect from a 4-star establishment.
Dinner was okay if you could dish up between the flies and you could find a clean plate. The beers we had were terribly expensive.
Breakfast was shocking. Fruit was almost gone and there was no haste to replenish it. Same goes for the cheese and cold meats. Again, there were flies in and over all the open dishes. Plates were dirty again with caked on food. Cup on table chipped and dirty and the waitress showed no interest to replace it with a different one.
On the positive side, the pool is nice and clean and the wifi works fair enough around the reception area.
Would I pay the money they charge to stay here out of my own pocket??? Never!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Henk V
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Is a great place to visit as a family and also good for writing retreats (my main visit for this trip) after a long day , we went to relax by the pool. Later took a game drive with an interesting guide. We had a productive retreat. I will definitely visit with my daughter. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in a lodge with two couples and when we arrived I didn't have the bed layed out for me, since it was in the sofa. It was seriously uncomfortable. I had to go into the one of the suites to go to the bathroom since it didn't have a shared one. Both swimming pools were not clean. The dinner had small variety of food. The only plus were the tea and blend coffee in the lodge.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joana C
Reviewed 7 January 2018

4 STARS hotel are you kidding me ??? Frankly it doesn't worth any stars at all it's a shame. i booked a deluxe room oh my g... a shame.
when i'm arrived nobody didn't care about us in the lobby after 10 minutes a man came to us he wasn't professional at all it was 3.30pm and the room wasn't ready he didn't told us about it and no info about the hotel wi-fi time for the breakfast lunch or dinner etc no info at all he just gave us the key room and show us the room from the lobby
when we arrived two women were there finishing to clean the room
the room was how i can describe it dirty wall dirty carpet and a smell it was stinky the furnitures are old broken .....
they said when i booked there was a seperate living room it is totally false
the worst epxerience i had in my whole life
on the balcony a lot of bugs spider web etc.... and at night it is impossible to stay outside it is infested by thousand and thousand of differents bugs
FOR SIMILAR PRICE OR LILTLE BIT HIGHER THERE ARE LUXURIOUS LODGE 4 OR 5 STARS CLOSE BY
I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A BAD TIME AND LOSE YOUR MONEY

Stayed: January 2018