All reviewsthe riverswedish massagemacadamia nuttented suiterelaxing massagetreatment roomsout of this worldluxury tentsromantic weekendmain restaurantfull body massagebath and showerclose to naturevery special placewould recommend this place to anyonedinner menuwine list
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Summerfield advertises with 5 star luxury and retreat. And indeed the tents and location are beautiful. However, the client service is horrific. It was too much asked for to book an evening safari, there was no WIFI anywhere in the park, we were woken up at 7:00 AM by loud building construction sounds and on top we had a 2 day alarm that went off 24 hours a day in the dining area. Doesn't sound luxury to me. The worst was that nobody reacted in a customer friendly way to above topics. No reaction at all actually. Maybe in S.A this is 5 star. In Europe with this level of customer service it would be a 1 star venue. Do not book here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank brianvanwachem
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

What a find this place was and everything was to be loved about it. So much so, that we put our plans on hold and did nothing for a day but enjoy the environment. We walked the orchards, strolled along the river, visited the rose nursery, admired the organic herb and vegtable gardens, relaxed by the pool, and so it went. The food was exceptional and first class, enhanced by their organic greens. My only regret was not booking into the Spa, which was very popular and clearly equally a success.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The Staff here were very unfriendly from the start. They ask you to fill in a form before you arrive with you size of gown and slippers you will require and then not supply the correct side. They then you are shown to a unisex dressing room which made me rather uncomfortable. We were then told where to go almost giving you the impression of being dismissed. The massage rooms are 3 sided wooded structures which offered almost no privacy. I have to admit if you are going to relax the garden is really beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulagoofy
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Best choice if you want to escape from the city . The tent was amazing and luxurious . We loved the outdoor bath and the natural amenities . The hotel surprised them every day with macadamia liquor . Every night they turn on the bed heating and we was just enjoyed the sound of the river and the sound of nature. I recommend this hotel for everybody ! We absolutely love it and we will come back next year for surely.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Wow! That’s the word that comes to mind as I reflect back to my experience at Summerfields Rose Retreat. From the moment I arrived to when I said goodbye - I felt cared for and my expectations exceeded! The Spa experience was one of the best I’ve had - globally! Wendy, my spa therapist is a pro and went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and well cared for. I went to the River Cafe for lunch - again I was beyond delighted. Enjoyed a delicious healthy salad and a glass of bubbly as part of the spa package on day 1 and the most delicious bun-less lamb burger on day 2 . The restaurant accommodated me despite only finding out about my food allergies a second after I first got there. And then...I loved my room - aptly called Sunlight - it was breathtaking with lovely river views and sunlight in abundance. Dinner was amazing at the Summerfields Kitchen. I also went on a worth while morning game drive with Elephant Herd Tours-recommended by Summerfields. I honestly cannot sing their praises enough. I was at Summerfields for my birthday and unbeknown to them, they made it ultra special - exceeding my expectations and making it SO worth it! This place is truly something special and I will most certainly be back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo