“Greek taverna ”
Review of Gazi

Gazi
Ranked #102 of 138 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Best Greek food I have eaten out of Greece! So authentic! Friendly staff. Nice sized portions. Delicious!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Maybe I picked a bad evening to visit. The service was slow and unfriendly, the food was barely edible and there was little of no atmosphere - unless you count the extremely noisy clientele in the pub next door.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

What a dismal experience. The place was dirty and had rotting furniture. We ordered a VEG platter for 2, and got nothing but fried veg (which I could cook myself at home) and LAMB dolmades. We had to order extra dips and food because the food on the platter wouldn't have filled anyone up. The falafel balls we ordered extra, came raw in the middle.

Second time it's been a disappointment. WILL NOT be going back.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Having spent time in Greece, Gazi was a little bit of a dissapointment. We selected the restaurant as the vegetarian options seemed good. We were disappointed that there was no hummus, a Greek stable. The vegetarian sharing option was not available and when we tried to finish the meal with rooibos tea this too was not available. We did have some pita, halloumi, and vegetables. These were all very nice. The waitress was attentive. I thought the price was reasonable, however I don't think I will be back for another visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Service was good food not so authentic Greek, specials didn't seem very Greek!!
Asked for the Falafel was not recommended as too many unsatisfactory previous customers. The Muosaka was very bland and lacked seasoning. Chicken kebabs were very dry too, meatballs were on point though.