“Ocean Basket - best value for money seafood in the city”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has consistently delivered excellent food and good service.
Despite having visited on numerous occasions, the quality remains of a high standard.
I would recommend:
- mussels in garlic sauce
- 3 way combo, fried (fish, calamari and prince prawns)
Their lemonade in a carafe was very refreshing.
It's a good option if you want a good, value for money seafood meal.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We were pleased with our initial welcome to Ocean Basket. The waitress was friendly and efficient, the table was freshly laid with a paper overcloth, and hot bread rolls were promptly served. However, after waiting more than 30 minutes for our meal to be served, we were getting annoyed and hungry. Eventually the food was served and my disappointment was immense. I had ordered Sole, but what was served resembled shoe leather.... I battled to get a knife into the fish to prise it off the bone and it did not resemble the soft fish that I was expecting. I informed the waitress of my dismay, but she did not see fit to mention my grievance to the Manager. When we eventually caught sight of the Manager he was not sympathetic and said I should have said something earlier. A 10% discount on my meal alone was offered after further query of the final bill. A "Fish restaurant"???? I don't think so!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Our regular get-together for a meal & chat recently happened at Liberty Mall Ocean Basket. We decided on a selection of Sushi - Yummy! Thereafter a lovely fried fish served with stir-fry veges. Too full for dessert, we settled on a delicious Dom Pedro to round the evening off. The service was fast, friendly & very efficient! Just one little complaint - I had to ask them to turn the volume down on their music. We were seated below the speakers & we found conversation rather difficult. They were quite happy to comply & our evening was very pleasant indeed! Well done Ocean Basket.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We visit family in the Midlands at least once a year and every time we do we have to stop in at Ocean Basket.

My wife is addicted to their delicious prawns (main meal) and the fantastic mussel (starter). My preference is their calamari and this year I chose the stir fried vegetables as the side and was blown away by the flavour.

Great restaurant well worth a visit and the staff are always really friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

From being excellent with regard to food quality, service and menu options, this outlet has fallen a long way from being up there with the best.
This review is a summary of two visits over a period of 3 months. From literally cancelling the order and leaving the restaurant because of the attitude of the server to actually taking two spoonful's of their seafood soup and sending it back. The soup was cold and had absolutely no flavour or seasoning what so ever. No management interaction on any of these occasions. With the soup, we were charged and when this was queried, there seemed to be resistance to take it off the bill, but eventually it was removed. There are many other options to have a good meal in this mall so the staff are really not doing the customers a favour by serving them!