“Best Mexican Food in South Africa”

Four15 Burrito District
Ranked #41 of 661 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I've lived in Durban for several years and Four15 is my go-to restaurant when I don't want to cook or can't decide on where to go. I've basically tried everything on the menu and nothing has ever disappointed. Four15 is a family-owned restaurant with a lively scene, but is also very family and child-friendly. I grew up in the US eating a lot of Mexican food, and I can say with confidence that this is the closest thing to "real" Mexican food I have eaten in South Africa! My favorites are the Mission Original burrito, the shrimp tacos, the chicken quesadillas, and the beef fajitas. I always also start off with the Table El Tres!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

For our first foray into Mexican food through South African glasses, we were very pleasantly surprised! The variety of salsas were tasty and offered different heat levels, the burritos were good, however the star of our orders were the fish tacos. I salivate at the memory. We will definitely be back and we know that the service will be just as friendly and fast as the first time. One tip, make a reservation, it is a booked up place on the weekend.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Excellent Mexican dishes..!!! from the salsa to the guacamole to Quesadillas. .try something different every time you there you wont be disappointed. burritos are massive and well worth the price(two ppl can share that) hard tacos is the best id say!

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Not as commercial and loud as the Mexican neighbours down the road, Four15 offered warming food for a rainy night. The burritos are a good size, very flavourful and they all seemed well thought out. We also had some delicate shrimp tacos, which seemed a little loose and bland, but came alive with some condiments. Pity we didn't get any salsa with our take aways. The staff were helpful and the quick tequila and beer were perfect while we waited for the chow, which didn't take too long. Can't wait to go for a sit down meal at some stage

Reviewed 20 July 2016

What a lovely experience. The sangria was refreshing. Love the nachos with a cheese dipping sauce. Both the tacos and burritos were large portions - we had to take some home. Great choice. Love that the waiters now serve at the table rather than going up to the counter to order.