“Good food excellent location”
Review of Maritimo's

Maritimo's
Ranked #44 of 712 Restaurants in Durban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018

One of the best locations. Right on the beach with panoramic views if seated outside on a good sunny day. Service is friendly and effective and I have no complaints. I had the 10 queen prawn special and it was a mountain of food. Delicious prawns with rice and nothing else needed. A very small but adequate wine list and I will be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My cousin and myself made a booking for Sunday lunch on 1st of July 2018, at a table overlooking the ocean. When we arrived there was no table available for us and a lady, I presume it was the owner said, "Well I cannot ask the customers to leave can I".
We were stunned. What is the use to book then?

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Ordered a lovely glass of white. Right on the beach with a great view. Mussels I ordered were in a delicious soup, pity about the brown bread soldiers. Would have been great with a crusty baguette and butter. Service was spot on Natasha runs a tight ship!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is below the Cabana Beach resort with a beautiful deck overlooking the ocean.
Daily fish based specials entice you as you walk past.
The fish of the day was fresh and we'll cooked. The prawn special a bit dissapointing prawns were not so fresh.
However the setting and ambience made up for it.
For an upmarket restaurant would have expected better service.
Attentive waiter.in the beginning but than he dissapeared.

Overall a good meal..

Reviewed 19 June 2018

On our most recent visit to Umhlanga my elderly parents were holidaying with us. Mervin could not have been more accommodating. Assisted with walking our father through the kitchen to meet our vehicle outside - as the walk to the parking bays was too far for him to manage. Nothing was too much trouble. We ordered prawns for my dad and they offered to shell them for him to make things easier for him to manage. Curries were "out of this world" - proper Durban Curry - beautiful flavours. The service alone was a treat and would recommend anyone to visit this little coastal gem.