“The place to go to get ripped off”
Review of Regal Inn Durban

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
Regal Inn Durban
Ranked #186 of 261 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Avoid at all cost. Even when staying more than one night, they don't clean the room until after 3pm the next day. There is such poor ventilation in the downstairs breakfast area that the smell of burnt bacon and eggs filters up to all the rooms and the whole building. Forget about getting any refunds. The moment you pay them is the last you see any of your money, even if you have valid reasons for shortening your stay.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms as they are noisy all around.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed V

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Shocking service from the front desk.
The laundry was stained. There was no shampoo. The breakfast was awful and cost R65.
No refunds if you want to leave early, probably because no one stays more than one night!
Never ever again!
Laundry picture is attached.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
8  Thank boendoes
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I checked in late and I was glad to find such place because there was a conference in Durban so many places were fully booked. I checked in at about 21:00 pm the room was clean but the bathroom is too small. The hotel is kept professionally the lady at the reception was friendly and it very nice and quiet place to stay in.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sbongah
Reviewed 19 July 2016

the hotel was clean nice and the staff was excellent on arrival and check out was also smooth. The security was also exceptional as we left to go to ugu jazz festival the hotel organized us transport and it was the best. Durban is always my best holiday destination winter time as its the hottest city in Africa

Room Tip: family rooms are good if you travelling in groups
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhekin2016
Reviewed 22 May 2016

I stayed here during a recent event at the ICC. The place is close by, walking distance, close to the beach, and more upmarket hotels.

In the end, you get what you pay for and at this price, one cannot complain. The room was clean, though on the first night smelt a tad mouldy. After complaining the next morning, this was attended to and I had no further issues.

I would agree with other reviews about the staff though. I got here very late due to the conference opening function and was told that I did not have a reservation. This was despite my insisting that I had a booking. Once I produced the email confirming the reservation, the staff looked up my info on a different PC, where the correspondence was found. At this stage, well trained staff would admit to an unspecified PC issue and see what could be done to resolve the problem. But no, this would be good customer service! Instead I was faced with an excuse that I had to check in before 6pm, then I had not paid a deposit, and so on. By this stage I was confused... Did I really want to stay here?

I asked about my colleague, who was due to come through the next day... His room was also cancelled, by US.!

As it was late and a large conference was taking place, I checked if the hotel was full, and was told that several rooms were available, would I like to book one?!? I did so and instead of being booked for 4 night, as per my original booking, got booked for 1 night!

This place needs better, closer management. Will I come back? Yes if I have to be at the ICC as the place has a good location, but next time will be pre-warned.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business