Free cancellation until 21/07
US$47
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$45
US$139
US$116
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$150
US$116
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$143
US$136
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$98
US$95
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
US$138
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfeel at homethe extra milewalking distance from the beachpleasant stayself cateringlapakznamenities
Reviewed 5 May 2017

On the 29th April my hubby and I decided to book at Akanans for a little weekend away. Firstly the host and hostess, Annamarie and Dowe, You guys were so welcoming....Subash and I felt so at home and your services were 100% on point. I really enjoyed our braai night....Look forward to returning to your ever so warm and relaxing cottage...Thank you for your kind services......rooms were very neat and cosy

Room Tip: Choose a bigger room on availability... We booked last minute as all other rooms were booked out....however we still loved our stay
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deesmmoodley14
Annemarie S, Owner at Akanan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to meet again.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Best guest house I've ever stayed at and I travel a lot for work.
Friendly people willing to assist and help with anything.

Value for money and great breakfast.
Location is central to in and around Durban and close to everything.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacobusc736
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Akanan is a very professionally run establishment, and very Family friendly.
The breakfasts are excellent and well prepared, the roooms are spotless and very tastefully decorated as is the rest of the establishment. A home from home atmosphere, and an amazing lapa and swimmingpool to chill at as well, we will be back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This was my second time I had the pleasure of staying in Akanan. You feel at home as soon as you get there and experience the friendly service. I travel down for business and it is really easy to get to and to get out of Akanan, realy a home away from home. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 924jacquesj
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I liked everything about this Guest house i.e. location, hosts friendliness , food, breakfast, bedrooms and most of all cleanliness but I did feel like I was living in someone's home.
All in all its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business