See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here a few days ago and will be returning here tonight. Although my travel purpose is business you cant help but feel your in a warm family holiday environment.
The owners are a very friendly, welcoming and interesting couple who are there for you should you need them 24/7.
If it is business or a holiday you need I would strongly recommend Akanan Guest House as it also in a very safe, nice part of the city. Lee h...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Our family stayed here for a almost a week and had the most enjoyable stay. Located close to all major amenities (5-15mins drive between each) it was such a joy to come "home" to Akanan. Very clean, quiet and peaceful atmosphere. We stayed in the luxury room that has the balcony which has seaside view - wonderful to wake up to that everyday.

Room Tip: Luxury room has a views of the sea....from a distance
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We visited Akanan Guest with my girlfriend for 3 nights in October 2013. I can say only one word - Perfect! We stayed in garden house with 1 bedroom, kitchen and terrace. Also pool was available in front of house. All was clean, staff was very polite.
And last but not least - reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

You will not get a more relaxed environment to work or relax while on holiday. The guest house is close to La Lucia Mall and the big Gateway Mall. You are close to the beach and if you would like to see the night life of Durban, it is just 10 minutes drive from here. You can also try your luck to fortune and visit the Casino just as you enter Durban. If you prefer to fly to Durban, the airport is only 15 minutes drive to the guest house. If you prefer just to go and relax, you will not be disappointed to relax next to the pool with a cold drink. Let Annemarie (the owner) spoil you and let you feel at home, which she does well. I have stay more than 10 times at this guest house and have never been disappointed. The time that I was disappoint was the time that the guest house was fully booked and I had to stay at another guest house. In future I will rather move my trip just to stay where I feel at home. Book here and you will not be disappointed. Enjoy your stay!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

An absolutely amazing guest house. You are made to feel so welcome. The accommodation is stunning, the lapa and pool area make you feel at home. The hospitality makes you want to come back. Whenever, we go to Durban its the first place we book. Thank you Annemarie for always going out of your way to make us feel relaxed.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. The flatlet is awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business