US$125
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$77
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$154
US$141
US$171
US$148
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$97
US$94
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbotanical gardenscommunal kitchenexcellent hostshome away from homepleasant stay
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We have now stayed at Botany Bay Lodge twice and would do so over and over again. We were made to feel very welcome throughout both our stays. Our room was extremely comfortable and spacious. Our hosts were always around to pamper to our every need. Breakfasts were first class. We had full use of the swimming pool, BBQ and bar areas. A great place to get away from the rat race of life and totally relax. After each visit we most certainly did not want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Willson07
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for your review. We were glad to have you back again and even more so to hear that you enjoyed both your stays with us. Our doors are always open to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Double booking and a pack of lies: We had a fully paid for and confirmed booking for two single rooms for a 4 night stay. On arrival management tried to place myself and a female colleague in the same room. Later they conceded a mistake and confirmed my room for the duration as per my booking. BUT on arrival back at the hotel the following evening I was told I had to leave the following morning!! An angry, ill mannered owner accused me of not paying, nor confirming and suggested they had never even sent an invoice and somehow I’d ‘defaulted’ on her mysterious T&C. Fortunately I had proof of payment, confirmation and their invoice with completed details to hand – but yet I was still asked to leave. My colleague (after something of a fight) and I were fortunately given our money back.
To add insult to injury, the owner then reversed her car into my hire vehicle in their carpark! My colleague and I were directed to an alternate B&B that was truthfully, the most run down, flea pit I have ever had the misfortune to behold.

We left and found salvation at the beautiful and remarkably affordable Belaire Suites, situated right on the waterfront.

I own a travel company and an accommodation establishment, and have never in life being treated in such an appalling and utterly unprofessional manner, peppered with downright anger and aggression. I strongly recommend that this place be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
DurbanBotany, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

This person had booked via a colleague, the colleague had paid in full and we had no contact whatsoever with David Cartwright, he openly admitted to corresponding with an incorrect email address, our t's & c's have a time frame to pay and send confirmation via email or fax-which wasnt done, which he found 'dubious', he then became unreasonable and was given a lift to another venue, my wife was shaken by his attitude and even offered them a lift, she touched his car by mistake, 'no damage' this is not a reflection on our establishment. We were trying to help them, there was no doubt that once he could prove payment he was refunded. Any aggression was entirely on his part.

Reviewed 10 November 2009

Had a wonderful week at Botany Bay Lodge, right opposite the fantastic Durban Botanic Gardens where we were working/attending an international conference. Stacey, Wayne and Lily went out of their way to look after us, without being obtrusive at all, and we felt very safe and well looked after. The rooms are beautifully decorated with botanical, zoological and cultural items on the walls, and gorgeous squishy duvets and pillows on the beds! Extremely clean, with no sign of any subtropical creepy crawlies in any nooks or crannies, as one would expect to find even in very nice places. Little pool out the back and bar/seating area very welcome (with free wifi too!), and it's great to have the use of a communal kitchen and dining area. We were travelling as two teachers with two pre/teen students, so Botany Bay Lodge made an excellent homely base, and with only 4 rooms very safe for us to take care of the students in. We will definitely visit again, next time we are in Durban.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank VandaLondon
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for such a good review. We're only glad we were able to make your stay in Durban a wonderful one and hope you will return to Sunny Durban and Botany Bay Lodge one day.