See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2017

It was very homely, a great home away from home. Got warm welcome from owners. Very friendly ppl. The helpers are also friendly & their breakfast is yummy. . Only thing I feel needs change is to install shelters for cars to accommodate even in rainy summer days. Otherwise it was an awesome stay ☺

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DurbanBotany, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to see you had a wonderful time with us.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We had one night in Durban as we were going to watch the Rugby. Botany Bay Lodge is perfectly situated for access around Durban and the Botanical gardens and was perfect for what we wanted. The owner, Stacy, was very friendly and helpful and even gave us a lift to musgrave.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I phoned to enquire after availability in February. I was told to write an email and neither of the two staff members was willing to sms me the email address or take my email address down in order to establish written contact. I was told 'why should she bother to contact me if it was me who needed a room. After all, there is a concert on that night (opposite the Botany Bay Lodge) and she is not concerned about not filling her rooms. I am the one to contact her, so she does not need to send ME an email'. Needless to say, I never bothered taking this booking any further. Instead I phoned Napier House on 31 Napier Road and I was welcomed with a 'Happy New Year' wish and assisted professionally. Guess where I will be staying in February AND all future Durban visits..

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcikey
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Firstly, let's set the record straight. This lady has not stayed at our guest house and she was so blantently rude on the phone. We would not want a woman with such a bad attitude stay at our guesthouse.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Perfectly situated for my conference today at the Botanical Gardens, it is neat, clean and very comfortable. Friendly welcome and a great business stay. Comes highly recommend on any visit to Durban. Room was more than adequate and well priced for a stop over

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2015

clean and comfortable
attentive and helpful staff
room had everything and more - just too much on the airfreshener bits
20m walk across road to botanical garden
surrounding area otherwise a bit dodgy and need to drive to restaurants etc

Date of stay: May 2015