See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in December 2012. Overall, the stay was comfortable, but it's the service that is missing in this place. I felt like I was more in a self catering lodge than a bed and breakfast place - for example, no staff was available when I arrived, rather I received instructions on phone on how to get to my room. On all days, I felt as if I was served breakfast more as an obligation - I had to ask for extra toast, coffee, etc. Eventually, I got what I wanted, but got this un-welcome feeling at all times.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you for your review. Apologies for the impression that service was lacking. We do provide breakfast order forms, which are left in the rooms for guests to fill out. This allows us to serve breakfast at the guests' convenience. These were, however, not filled out by this guest so, yes, we did have to wait for the guest to arrive at the breakfast table and we had to ask what he wanted for breakfast. Breakfast is served with pleasure and by no means as an obligation. Having to ask for more toast or coffee is quite a normal way of communicating what is wanted.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed at the Botany Bay Lodge for two months (August/September) and it really was like a "home" for us. It's a small but very nice place just opposite the entrance of the Botanic Gardens, very green. The rooms are big and nicely decorated, with nice and clean bathrooms, and the pool area is beautiful, a nice place to relax! The owners as well as the staff are very friendly and helped us whenever we had a question.

Many thanks to Stacy, Wayne, Lily and Constance who made our stay a really memorable one! Whenever I will be back in Durban sometime in the future, I will definitely come and visit you :-)

Greetings from a cold and rainy Germany (I miss South Africa!),
Nadine

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you loved you stay at Botany Bay Lodge and it gives us pleasure to know that we lived up to your expectations and that you felt at home here. We hoped you saw Durban for the beautiful sunny place that it is and we would welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I really enjoy the stay at Botany Bay Lodge.

What really convinced me:
• Well equipped kitchen
• Centrally located
• Safe area
• Good price performance ratio

I can recommend this lodge to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sina B
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

It was wonderful to have had such lively, joyous guests and we're pleased that you experienced all that we say we are.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Botany Bay Lodge offers clean and friendly accommodation of a very high standard at reasonable rates. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, so much so we changed our itinerary to return for an extra few nights. The friendly and relaxing atmosphere along with the welcoming and helpful owners and excellent staff (Lily and Constance make a great breakfast and maintain a very high standard of cleanliness) combine to make this a real home away from home. I would highly recommend a stay here to anyone travelling in SA.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely review. It is wonderful know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Durban so much.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Clean comfortable rooms with home from home feel to the place. The whole atmosphere of the house is friendly and welcoming. The owners Stacey and Wayne went out of their way to make us feel welcome and make sure we had everything we needed. The house keepers Lilly and Constance ensured our room was perfectly kept and we had all the home comforts.
I cannot recommend this b&b highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
BotanyBayLodge, Owner at Botany Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We truly hope you had a great stay in Sunny Durban and that we were everything you expected. Hope to have you back again one day.