All reviews boutique hotel florida road safe street restaurants and bars small pool small hotel very comfortable room good nights sleep light sleeper stayed for one night fresh fruit would definitely stay here again central location noise morningside safety
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I am a repetitive client of this hotel. This time around it was not as good. The windows were not closing properly, so with strong wind, they were continuously knocking. Never mind the wind in the room...

Second problem: tv was not working. So I don't know what housekeeping is doing before signing of the room, but nevertheless the tv was gone.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank KirillOussov
SunetGM, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Good Day
I apologize for the rattling window/ French door, we don't always get to stay in each room so it is sometimes hard to know about a problem such as this one. Thanks for the feedback, it allowed us to fix the issue. We also further investigated the DSTV problem and cannot get to the bottom of this as it all seems to be in working order. I can only assume it was due to the extreme winds. As part of our housekeeping check list we do systematically check all channels. I hope that you return soon so that we can make you feel right at home again and exceed all your expectations.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Stayed here in July 17 on business. I must say the hotel is very well looked after and had great service. Many restaurants around and found basically outside the front door. Definitely be back here when on business again. Breakfast served is made to your order so you know it's fresh.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
SunetGM, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Rishaan

Thank-you for your kind review, we do try hard to look after the hotel and it is lovely when it is noticed. We look forward to having you back and serving you the yummy breakfast again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Still a very reliable boutique hotel - good breakfasts, close to restaurants and attractions. Very good for central business. Accessible and safe. Ample parking in secure location and people to assist with luggage. Comfy rooms with all you need.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
SunetGM, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Good Day

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that you return soon so we up the score by a few points and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

As I write this review i am still sitting on the terrace of the lovely Benjamin hotel, waiting for my ride to Point St Jone. I've come here for Sardine Run and did not see a necessity to spend night in Durban as anything pleasurable. I was wrong : The Benjamin was the welcoming oasis after a 40 hr flight: it was modern and clean but retained colonial charm, my room and grounds were spectacular ;the staff, especially Michelle went out of there way to make me feel welcome and I've seen many attractions on their recommendations. Hotel is located on a very safe street and there were several places to eat nearby.The breakfast in hotel included was superb- with hot breakfast to order and buffet with choices of cold cuts nd cheese, serials , fresh fruit .I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
SunetGM, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Good Day!
Thank-you for your lovely words and review, it means the world to us. The staff at The Benjamin certainly is what makes it stands out from the rest and I will be sure to pass your comments to my team. We hope the rest of your stay in our lovely country is memorable.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel not amazing but it was good value for money. However, the noise from the nightclub next door and the street is terrible. Make sure to book a room poolside. Meeting or small conference facilities available. Accommodating personnel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Madelien D
SunetGM, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

We are currently contending with a situation of noise disturbance from a neighbouring building and we are working closely with the authorities to try and curb this situation but despite our best efforts, this issue has not yet been resolved.
We are naturally extremely aware of the negative impact this may have on some of our guests and wish to ensure you that we are doing everything possible to deal with this noise inconvenience.
Although we attempt to allocate rooms as far away as possible from the source of this disturbance, due to high occupancies we unfortunately cannot guarantee this. I am however glad you enjoyed our hospitality and hope we can welcome you back soon.