“I come here a lot, today was a near miss”

Floyd and Company Real Pit BBQ
Ranked #8 of 118 Restaurants in Kingman
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Open Tuesday thru Saturday, 11:00am until 8:00pm.Serving Southern Style "Low-n-Slow" Hickory Smoked Meats and Home Style Sides.
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I was on my way back to my office, and stopped in for lunch. It was 11:45, which is a little ahead by certainly after 11:30.

Normally, when on the BBQ side I'll get a salad with chicken. Sounds crazy here, but it's really not to be missed. However, when I tried to order I was told they did not have salads yet as they had to cut lettuce. I was not offered to wait, just "we don't have it yet". Strike one.

I didn't fell like a more "normal" BBQ offering, so I went for the catfish special. I like catfish well enough and though I would give it a go. Strike 2.

What you get is two pieces of catfish, fries, hush puppies and coleslaw. When they arrived, the catfish and hush puppies were a little "dark", not a good sign. I grabbed a fry, only to find them a little on the cool side.

The breading on the catfish was tasty, but obviously the heat was waaayyyyy up on the oil so they nearly burned the batter. Same with the hush puppies. Tasty mixture, just too "done". That's the best miss part from the title.

I will be back and still suggest this place, just now with reservations.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for dinner with my family, decided on pizza, although the BBQ menu looked very inviting too. Really helpful service at the counter to get exactly the pizzas we wanted. Quick service and excellent pizzas. Very good value with some nice quality fountain drinks too. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I was told by a women in the pharmacy to try' Floyds frozen lemon pie. We went to the walk up counter. The girl was not friendly and after 15-20 minute wait a women brought out our 1 piece of pie. We took it back to our hotel room, it was delious plenty to share but the time it took to get it was disappointing .

BBQBubba14, Owner at Floyd and Company Real Pit BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

I am very happy you stopped in after the recommendation from the local pharmacy. I am extremely sorry for the poor service you received and more troubled you weren't greeted by a friendly staff member. Our family takes pride in all we try to do here each and everyday and work with our staff to make sure everyone is made to feel at home. I will follow through with our staff and make each one aware of your experience and the need to correct some attitudes immediately.
The lemon pie you had, is my wife Tammy's creation. She will love to hear how much you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review and I promise we will strive to do much better going forward. Have a wonderful day.
Bubba

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My friend and I had lunch here, the service was friendly and helpful, the food was great. I overheard staff talking about Chili Cheese Fries, these are to die for and a meal in themselves, I also had the Sausage sandwich both were great. My friend ate the pulled pork the sauce on that is to die for. I would recommend this for friends, family and business gatherings. This was our first time but will not be our last.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Ate at Floyd & Co. after checking reviews and it did not disappoint. BBQ chicken sandwich, pulled pork plate, & BBQ beans were all very good. Didn't try any desserts, but the warm peach cobbler sounded delicious. Order food at counter and it's delivered to your table. Picnic table indoor seating & a few outdoor tables