1,154 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square direct access sun deck sandton city convention center nespresso machine tsogo sun excellent hotel business hotel business trip south africa enjoyed my stay gautrain station atrium concierge convenience
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Stayed for one night on business, loved the spaciousness of the room and the location of the hotel. Staff were also friendly and attentive. Will stay again next time I visit and definitely recommend to others.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms and convenient location. I will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

My family and I visited South Africa during the week of 5/6/2016 and stayed at The Sandton Sun Hotel. Definitely a 5 Star hotel!! We were extremely pleased with the Customer Service, cleanliness and attention to detail. The hotel is simply beautiful! It is what you expect in the USA. Everyone in the hotel was very positive and professional! Our suite was very modern and met all of our needs and more! Our son really enjoyed the WIFI and flat screen TVs. The Connoisseur was extremely helpful with planning our safaris, trips to the Lion Reserve, Sun City visit and Museums. (Note - Ask for Jack Matjeke. He is indeed the best Tour Guide) They ensured that the Tour Guides offered the best possible service to their customers! The shopping mall that is attached to the hotel and Nelson Mandela Square was ideal and very convenient. It even includes many restaurants and a large grocery store if needed! I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone when visiting Johannesburg South Africa. This is by far one of my best hotel experiences! Very clean, quiet, safe and upscale. We felt very secure at the Sandton Sun Hotel! The open-air restaurant is very elegant, music upbeat and the quests are dressed to impress for evening cocktails. Also, there are many things in the mall for kids to see and buy! Kudos to Sandton Sun Hotel and its team! I would indeed stay at the Sandton Sun Hotel again! We were truly impressed with the amenities! WOW! The Freeman Family.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as your guided tours around our city. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

I recently spent a nostalgic 2-night stay at the Sandton Sun Hotel in Johannesburg with my family. It brought back great memories for me from my childhood days as I recall staying at the hotel more than 20 years ago, when the Sandton Sun was the premier hotel in the area.

The hotel seems to have undergone a recent refurbishment, so everything is still new in the rooms. I was booked in a room with 2 double beds which included all the basic amenities.

A few things that disturbed me were the lack of cleanliness in certain parts of the room, especially behind the bedside pedestal, which was full of dust and had obviously not been cleaned for a while. I ordered my breakfast in the room and was seriously underwhelmed by it. It was nothing to write home about. The quality of the fruit was poor, and the yoghurt was served to me in a big open bowl, instead of a sealed container.

The above complaints can be easily rectified, but my biggest gripe is with the noise levels emanating from the bar/restaurant on the 6th floor. What is the point of trying to deliver your guests 5-star service, yet they are forced to hear loud music, laughter, screaming and the sound of dishes banging throughout the night. I was there on a Friday and Saturday night , and on both nights the noise was just ridiculous. Surely the management needs to look into this and try to find some solution so that guests can actually sleep in peace at night.

Lastly, I must mention that the hotel's location is superb. It is linked to the Sandton City mall, with it's myriad of restaurants and shopping, which makes it a convenient place to stay.

I would definitely return in future if some solution can be found to the unruly and noisy patrons in the bar area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am disappointed to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not the standards we aspire to at Sandton Sun and please accept my sincere apologies for this. Rest assured I have communicated your concerns to the relevant line managers.

Your thoughts are of vital importance to us as we use these to evaluate and improve on services we offer as well as incorporating the needs of our guests in changes we make in the future.

I hope you will afford us the opportunity to rectify your impressions of the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

After staying at other very good hotels in Sandton while the Sun was being refurbished, I decided to return to give it a try.
Very friendly, and staff always helpful. Excellent service especially outside on the deck.
Room was comfortable, and clean.
Concierge always very attentive.
BUT ... every night being approached by what can only be described as 'working girls' both in the bar and outside, does become quite irritating after a while, and it is really quite clear what the game plan is.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Well its one of the most popular and known hotels in SA. and theres a reason why. You just feel upper class over here. The location, the service, the stunning rooms, amazing restaurant, and they have such a good spa as well. Dont bother anywhere else in Sandton, this is the place!

Date of stay: October 2015

Dear Raihaan,

Thank you for your great 5 star review and for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience, your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.