All reviewsafricology spalacuna bistroshuttle serviceroom servicebusiness hotelrooms are modernfree shuttlenelson mandela squarebusiness tripbeautiful hotelconcierge deskconference facilitiessandton citythe hotel offerssouth africagautrain stationshopping mall
Reviewed 18 February 2018

My husband and I had such an amazing time at the maslow valentines picnic, the ambiance,service,food,music was all so wonderful.job well done to Sbongile and the crew.Looking forward to the next event ...Mamello

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Chulumanco D, Customer Relations Executive at The Maslow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your Maslow Valentine's experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted to hear that you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your day with us from the food to the ambience as well as the amazing service from our staff - I will be sure to pass on the compliment to Sibongile, she is a great asset! Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back to the Maslow again.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the Maslow. Had a luxury queen room..good size with all facilities expected. Reception was fast and friendly. As with other hotels in ZA not so keen on the glass frosted shower and toilet. Very friendly staff at breakfast with good selection. Had a couple of issues with food delays at Lacuna but dealt with in a positive way. Nicely landscaped gardens and pool area.It was also nice to have use of the complimentary shuttle to Sandton square. Special mentions for Thomas in the Lacuna bar and Brian the very friendly and helpful concierge.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Chulumanco D, Customer Relations Executive at The Maslow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing you positive Maslow experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that your overall stay at our hotel was a pleasant one and that our staff contributed to making your stay memorable. I will be sure to communicate this amazing with the whole team. Thank you for you business and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Firstly there is much I like about this hotel. Good rooms, good location, nice food, excellent bar. I have stayed here before and it has been my go to choice for business in Jo'burg.
My trip last week was a management shambles. I booked my room for a very late checking as I fly in overnight needed to freshen up, iron my shirt and have breakfast before a full day's work. The hotel had sold my room despite my written evidence which lead to my travel agent blaming the hotel and vice versa. I was offered a shower - unfortunately that was partly broken and the soap had been stolen. A very poor start but things do go wrong. My big issue though is the management - I asked the day duty manager to get to the bottom of it and if needed engage the general manager. On return that evening I spoke to the night time duty manager who said they had no knowledge of it and general manager was not available but they would send an email. The next day once again I spoke to same day time manager who once again committed to come back to me so that I would hear from her or the GM. Again back I came at the end of the day and the evening duty manager said she had asked the day time duty manager who said she hadn't seen me...so again I asked the evening manager to follow up with an email and speak to the GM as I was checking out early. That was last week. I think it is important to feedback directly where possible - I have done that 4 times to the person in charge without any response let alone an adequate one. That is management failing to manage.

Room Tip: For a late check in make sure you have written confirmation back from the hotel not just in your booking.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Chulumanco D, Customer Relations Executive at The Maslow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Mr Keane,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review of dissatisfaction. As a loyal customer to the Maslow, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you, as this is definitely not the type of feedback we set out to achieve at our hotel.

We take great pride in delivering to our guest’s satisfaction and it is clear that we did not deliver to our commitment, on this occasion. It is completely unacceptable that you had to follow up on more than one occasion with our Duty Managers, I can assure you that this will be directly addressed with them to ensure that this will not occur again in the near future. I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to welcome you back to the Maslow again.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The service I received from Petty during my 3 night stay was fabulous. She was attentive, yet not in my face, friendly and an absolute delight. Even on a busy night the delay of my meal was communicated in a sincere and professional manner She is a credit to The Maslow. Thank you Petty.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Chulumanco D, Customer Relations Executive at The Maslow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such a positive review about The Maslow Hotel and the amazing service you received from Petty. I will gladly share the feedback with her and her management team so that she is aware that her efforts are not going unnoticed. Thank you for your business and looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

The Maslow Hotel Restaurant
27-01-2018
Good Day
Thanks to you and your whole team from waiters to kitchen staff and Chefs . BRAVO
Your team out shined my evening , the food was amazing . The staff was amazing . Big ups to Tshepo Ya Mosimanyane for the best services for the night , my guests applauded my birthday dinner thanks to you , keep it up and all the best to everyone .Im speechless yet smiling.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Chulumanco D, other at The Maslow, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with us regarding your stay at The Maslow hotel. We are more than delighted to hear that your overall experience with us was a pleasant one and that our staff provided a world class service standard. I will be sure to share your review with Tshepo, he is truly a star! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.