All reviews club floor atrium restaurant nelson mandela square sky bridge nespresso machine in the room great hotel corner room convention center hotel gym room service rooms are large the general manager mini bar sandton sun turn down service hotel staff an upgrade
Reviewed 9 January 2017

We planned a 2 day rest between arriving on our light to Joburg from London before departing on the Blue Train to Cape Town. We told our travel agent, Bianca of Icon Expeditions, that we had a ton of IHG points to use. She recommended that we stay at the Intercontinental Sandton Towers because it is a more restful place than the Intercontinental at the airport. It was a very good recommendation. Although it was quite small we received an upgrade on our room and enjoyed club privileges. We were surprised that breakfast was served on the club floor but we had to pay for it which was the first time we had experienced that.

On the positive side, we ate twice at their fine dining restaurant and the food was delicious and moderately priced. Something we would experience throughout our travels in SA....wonderful food at moderate prices.

Another plus is that the hotel is located just across the street from a large upscale mall.

Overall this was a great choice. We got our rest and were ready to explore SA.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 January 2017

Dear DMJA21,

Thank you for your feedback and happy we lived up to your expectations.

Trust you will have an enjoyable time in South Africa and I look forward to welcome you back.

Thank you for being an IHG loyalty Member.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This is a decent IC that is well positioned in the middle of Sandton and next to Nelson Mandela Square. The restaurant options are limited with a single venue. The club floor is really an alcove on the top floor corridor and so I don't use it. It's the staff that make this place. Without them, the score would be 3*

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am delighted the staff made your stay a pleasant one. I will pass your good comment of the staff on to the team.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a great example of getting the key basic hospitality services absolutely right. Front desk staff were professional, efficient, and polite.

Rooms at this property are significantly better in both size, condition, and amenities when compared to the competition in the immediate area.

Internet access at this property is excellent. Download speeds of 80 Mbps and upload speeds of 30 Mbps or higher were consistent and reliable.

The only amenity that was sparse was the club lounge however the staff were able to assist with any shortcomings due to the limited space.

The hotel is also conveniently located near the conference center, shopping Center, and many bars and restaurants.

If you're traveling solo or with a small group take the train to/from the airport for ~$11USD.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

The team and I are glad that you enjoyed the facilities. Your postive comments will be passed onto the team and your constructive comments regarding the club floor has been noted.

Look forward to your next visit.

Regards

Reviewed 30 December 2016

This was my honeymoon trip and it was amazing! The mall had several restaurants that had very great food and a good variety in shopping. As for the hotel, it was very clean and quite for my wife and I- we had no problems and the staff were very helpful. They organized tours for us and even set up other last minute requests that we had. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 January 2017

Dear Nwosugo,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Honeymoon with us and that we made it a memorable stay for you and your wife.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future and will be great to have you back for your anniversary.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I only stayed here because it was convenient for the office.

However I am so pleased that the office was conveniently placed. Please note that I didn't say that the hotel was so conveniently placed. If I was important enough I would move the office closer to the hotel.

From the time just before you walk in the door, nothing is to much trouble. The doormen are very attentive (yes of course it's largely about tips but who cares if the service is so good)

The next stop is the reception and the professionalism shines though.

The restuarant menu choice is limited which for me is great. The quality of the food is spot on. The waiting staff are lovely.

The hotel is also linked directly to the Atrium shopping mall via an elevated walkway. This houses some of the most prestigious brands on the planet.

I will definitely return

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 December 2016

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for posting you great experience during your recent visit with us.

I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay and that you will return for your future visits.

I look forward to welcome you back.