1,537 results
All reviewsthe executive loungenelson mandela squarefree shuttleshuttle servicebit datedbusiness tripbusiness centerbreakfast buffetthe hotel offerslate checksandton areagautrain stationsouth africashopping mallgymjohannesburgconcierge
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights last week, one on Wednesday night and the other on saturday night. Overall the experience was good.

Pros: walking distance to the mall, the lobby is very inviting, the entire staff is friendly and attentive, it smells great in the lobby and halls, the lounge has an amazing cappuccino machine that you can use as much as you want, the lounge is open long hours, the breakfast is great

Cons: you have to pay for parking which is absolutely ridiculous, the second night our neighbors were smoking. The hotel immediately moved us, however the hardwood floors in the new room were damaged and could hurt someone. My husband put a towel over the area, concerned one of us would forget and cut ourselves. We let the hotel know, and that we did not need to move again, however things like that can't happen. I also saw a finger nail under the bed. The AC worked poorly the first night. Lastly, and my biggest annoyance, was that the lounge isn't being managed close enough. You have to have a key to get in, but there is a empty chair and desk at the entry and on 3 occasions the first night, someone was sitting there, got up when i was using my key to enter, and followed into the lounge right behind me. Why would they do that if they were a diamond member or paid for a deluxe room? They would have their own. The lounge was full both nights and the food was very picked over, so i wonder how many people should't have even been there. The staff did not question any entry.

Overall, it was a good stay because of the people, cappuccino machine, and breakfast.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

we recently stayed in HIlton sandton Hotel with my colleagues,where we were very pleased with their customer service,especially the staff who attended us at the breakfast table. one of them was Tebogo, he was very attentive and serves everyone with a smile.
looking forward tp going there soon :)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Gshenwork Z

Thank you for your warm review. Thank you also for mentioning team members by name, that adds tremendous value to staff morale. We pride ourselves in the way we serve our guests and hopefully the team left an impression with you to come back and allow us to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean rooms. Everything you need for a weekend away. There is a shuttle that takes you to Nelson Mandela square every 30 minutes that is very convenient. Staff are professional and helpful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Sherill70

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with Hilton Sandton. I am pleased that you were satisfied with your stay and experienced friendly staff. We strive to deliver world class service and are very proud of what my team is achieving.

We would like to welcome you back in the near future to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

First time to Joburg, been to Capetown and other places before, but was apprehensive about Joburg, and what a pleasant surprise. To be frank I suppose Sandton is not typical... a rather smart area, and with very nice hotels and building around, but despite a slight hitch over the car sent to meet us, already addressed and dealt with by the Manager, I have to say this was one of the nicest Hiltons I have stayed at.
Much of it the usual conference attracting set up, but the staff were excellent... everyone had a smile, and everyone was willing to be helpful. The room was perfectly adequate, I suspect it was a bog standard one, despite my hope for a Hilton Honours uplift ( whats the point of saving them ? I didnt have my number but am sure they could have tapped something into the magic machine and retrieved it) anyway, everything worked and the bathroom was bright and had an accessible bath and easy to understand taps and plugs. Breakfast was excellent...lots of choice, all very fresh and looked appetising and nice staff to meet and greet. We had time to spare so used the very pleasant small pool area.. al very clean, The shuttle service to the wonderful Nelson Mandela square and its fantastic Mall was punctual, and when we missed the return, a guy from another hotel next door offer us a lift... great.

Room Tip: Well we had a very quiet room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear President66

Thank you for your 5 star rating. I am pleased that you had a pleasant surprise when you stayed at Hilton Sandton and renders it to be one of the nicest Hiltons that you have stayed in. We are sorry about the hiccup with the transfer, but as mentioned, it has been dealt with.

We would like to welcome you back to the hotel soon to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I paid a bit more to stay on the executive level and have access to the executive lounge. I’m glad I did, as there’s not much activity close to the hotel after the business day ends, at least not without a walk.

The only reason I took a star off was for the service in the lounge. I always got the vibe from the staff that I was somehow inconveniencing them with my presence (I am a VERY accommodating guest). I’d chalk it up to cultural unfamiliarity, except one member of the staff even stopped at my table, unsolicited, to complain about one of the other guests. It was awkward for me and very unprofessional.

While there is no shortage of employees, the service in the lounge was among the worst I’ve experienced at the dozens of executive lounges I’ve visited around the globe. The employees seemed to hide out in the kitchen while self-service options remained un-replenished. For the first time I found myself wondering if I wouldn’t have been better served by saving my money, booking a standard room, and eating in the vicinity. This was certainly a more convenient option, but the poor service was prevalent.

On the whole, everyone at the hotel was very nice, but there is some work to be done on professionalism and hospitality etiquette by at least some of the employees.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Tom H,

Thank you for your valued review and raising your concerns. We take all your comments seriously and I would like to assure you that you are not at all an inconvenience. We have corrective measures in place and will take it up with the relevant department to ensure our staff treats all guests with the utmost professionalism.

We pride ourselves in the way we serve our guests and are disappointed when we did not reach our intended goal and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused while staying at our hotel.

You are a valued guest and we would like to welcome you back in the near future to exceed your expectations.