“Good seafood in a hurry”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #40 of 252 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017

For a franchise the seafood is actually pretty good! The mussels are always great and the platters a good deal. I tried the sushi here for the first time and was pleasantly surprised.
The service as a bit slow at the mall, and the food came in cold, but was changed when I complained

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant in sandton city as my I was attracted to a once off special. After having the special, I was still hungry! The waitress politely suggested queen prawns!! I was very impressed with her service and the quality of the prawns!!! A big thumbs up!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The environment is very warm and the service very good. I enjoyed the upstairs setting. The food was very nice especially the prawns and their sauces are amazing

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Over the years I have grown accustomed to the menu at Ocean Basket and have generally thoroughly enjoyed my meals at whichever branch I visited. On the last occasion I took clients from Zambia for their very first taste of Ocean Basket's cuisine. I ordered salmon and should have returned it the moment it was served to me. It was horrible. It was dry and was the worst tasting salmon I have ever had. If their kitchen staff are not familiar with the prep of some fish sorts remove it from the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I have eaten many many times in Ocean Basket in Cyprus and Kenya so thought that one in the home of Ocean Basket would be excellent. How wrong i was.
Baby squid, prawns,calamari and fish need only seconds to cook and i am sure the chef did just that BUT to put it on a red hot metal serving dish just carried on cooking it and the squid and calamari turned to rubber and the prawns so dry. The fish was burnt on the bottom. It ruined my night. The staff didn't seem to care and offered no apologies. They just wanted to bring the same thing again. Needless to say i left, never to return.

1  Thank Martin C