All reviews student area small mall street noise good size excellent location comfortable bed free wifi enjoyed my stay friendly service gautrain hatfield gym laptop
Reviewed 7 June 2018

The City Lodge has the quality standard you'd expect - everything you need for a business stopover - a good nights' rest, great facilities in the room, excellent location in Hatfield & standard fare. Although not the most exciting of hotels - decoration is nothing to write home about - everything about the City Lodge is very good, so no complaints. Staff were decent & hotel was clean.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive feedback from our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Small 3 star hotel (but sweet). Nice location, near a small mall and decent restaurants around the corner. Neat and clean room. Nice decor of dining area and outside sitting near the pool. Breakfast limited but not too bad.
Staff do their best at at attending to the guests promptly. The gym could do with some mirrors, feels claustrophobic in there. Same comment for the rooms.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This stay has been the worst in City Lodge Hatfield. The has not been telephone services for 4 days and counting so it is left to the visitor to go the front desk for everything from irons to ordering dinner, checking on lunch packs (which always have the wrong contents). I asked when the phone would be fixed and was told Sunday. Sunday Came and i was told the operators don't work Sundays. The hotel is doing nothing to mitigate or communicate the situation with the phones. The attitude is nonchalant, I actually got a shrug from the manager. The service in this hotel has really dropped. I doubt they will see me again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. We gather that the hotel’s general manager has been in touch with you to amend your voucher and will contact you again to resolve the issues highlighted above. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies and give us another chance to impress you with our normal standard of service excellence.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I stayed at the hotel in Pretoria in November and I enjoyed my stay there. The room was spacious, I was on the 6th floor and I enjoyed a nice view of the surroundings. One inconvenient could be the nearby train track that made for a quasi incessant noise. But for me it was not a major inconvenient. The hotel offered a very good international breakfast and the service and staff was good. Another good point is that the hotel is situated near nice shops, supermarket and numerous food outlets, even halal food. The food in the outlets was very tasty, especially if you have a love of chicken.
Across the street is a nice shopping mall and I did most of my shopping there. Kids clothes, adult clothes and shoes, bags, toys, gifts and nice accessories at good prices. All in all, it was a good stay.

Room Tip: The room facing the street was nice except for the noise coming from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thank you for staying with us, and we are so glad that you had a great stay! We look upon our hotel as a ‘home from home’ for all of our guests and strive to create an atmosphere to match this, so for us to read that you found this to be the case is truly rewarding feedback for us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I found R500 added to my bill for breakfast which I opted out of. The front desk clerk was VERY nonchalant about this and suggested I had a takeout breakfast which I hadn't. It took about half an hour to sort this out during which we had recourse to the on duty manager. The attitude seems to be that if you are paying with a corporate credit card why quibble over a few hundred rand !
The only plus was the waitress in the bar/restaurant who was very thoughtful and was tipped accordingly.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Please accept our apologies regarding the breakfast costs that were added to your account. We expect all of our accounts to be totally accurate so this will certainly be looked into further. We are happy to hear that you received excellent service our bar/restaurant team. As this billing mistake was not characteristic of our regular service and attention to detail, please give us another chance to impress.