“Excellent meal, but ....”

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #426 of 784 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Description: +27 12 9934929
Description: +27 12 9934929
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My neighbour and I went for lunch (without the wives).

A Wednesday at 12:30, not many people, a couple of tables filled up later on.
For starters I had Philadelphia Rolls (R56.00 for 4) and neighbour Salmon Roses (R70.00 for 3) – very good choice.

For mains we both had the Prawn & Noodle stir fry (R95.00) Very tasty and lots of prawns. The only negative comment, some of the prawns were tough/over cooked. We did mention it to Robert our waiter, and the manager also came and apologised.
Robert our waiter was excellent.

To wash this all down we settled on some Zorgvliet Sauvignon Blanc (R89.00 per bottle). Excellent choice, smooth and good bouquet, and ended up having a second bottle.

Would we recommend and go back? Yes.

CTFMSA, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thanks for the review! We're so sorry to hear about the prawns, we'll address this with the store and ensure it doesn't happen again. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We went to check out the monday specials . The food was great ,i had 250 g grilled fish with chips. Great options for wines. Surprisingly they have burgers too, nice balanced . It gets busy on mondays ,i guess its due to specials.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Slow, slow service and way overpriced. No vegetarian sushi on the menu and charged exhorbitant prices for making an exception (Avo Maki 8 pieces@R94! ) Not customer centric at all. Very disappointed, as I used to enjoy their food. This leaves a bad taste. I understand why the restaurant is empty.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We often visit CTFM and it never fails. We had supper with family and had a diversity of dishes, ranging from seafood and poultry to lamb, which were well prepared without fail. The service given by our waiter was exceptional. We had a couple of 'unique' requests and he fielded them beautifully! A huge selection of affordably priced meals and wines. All-in-all a very enjoyable experience. Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Thursday nights from 18:00 is all you can eat sushi. ( For a mere R150 per person)

Usually "all you can eat" consists of a variety of 3 different options. But was I wrong to expect this!

Choices, choices, choices!! Pick & choose as much as you want. Unbelievable

The food was fresh, beautifully presented & super delicious. We completely overindulged. I can't remember when last we had such good sushi - and variety too. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal!

The staff was friendly & helpful. Restaurant was clean & neat.

Lots of parking available.

This was our first visit here, but not our last.

3  Thank AnT0606