Southern Sun Pretoria
  • Restaurant
Castello di Monte(Pretoria)
Moroccan House(Pretoria)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstsogo sunexcellent serviceextra milethe hotel staffbusiness travelreception areachecking outswimming poolenjoyed my stayhome away from homekeep up the good workrooms are spaciouspleasant stayunion buildingssleepgovernmentgym
Reviewed 22 February 2018

This is a very pleasant hotel, with good amenities in a useful location. The WiFi was great. However, my room was very stuffy and not well ventilated. I tried opening a window, but the very noisy streets around the hotel interfered with my sleep. I therefore tried using the air conditioner but this was an old unit that was both very noisy and not very effective, except when you are close to it. I thus landed up trying to sleep without it, and largely failed. The fact that there was no sheet but only a duvet on the bed did not help.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Rodney P, Manager at Southern Sun Pretoria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for choosing to stay at Southern Sun Pretoria and also sharing your thoughts with us. Let me say fropm the onset that delivering great guest service is key and that we pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver. Your feedback is most helpful and I can assure you the necessary corrective measures willbe taken.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Below average stay. Super friendly staff but thats were it ends. Not possible to get meal before 18:30. No cappochino for breakfast. Airconidtioner sounded like a Boeing 747 in your room. Airconditioner leaker. This hotel needs a revamp

Good Morning

Let me say from the onset that delivering great guest service is key and that we pride ourselves on the quality of serive that we deliver. I am most disappointed to learn of your experience and cxan assure youthat the necessary corrective action an measures has been taken and pit in place. Your feedback is valued and hasn't fallen on deaf ears.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

very high standard, i was very impressed with everything from staff attitude to services. The room was spotlessly cleaed daily. the food was amazing. i was happy that there is a gym inside. i even visited the Union building.

Good Morning

Thank you for staying with us and also sharing your thoughts and comments. We at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver. We look forwards to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

My overall stay at the hotel is superb except that we need to improve on certain aspects. Whilst going for breakfast I requested beef sausages which was never given to me except being told that it will come.
In a nutshell; Southern Sun is a hotel to STAY!

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Rodney P, Manager at Southern Sun Pretoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver and for us delivering great guest service is key. I can assure you that your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears and that the necessary corrective measures and action has been taken and put in place. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Lovely, modern, clean hotel centrally located. Decent sized room with fridge, air con etc. nice garden area with pool.
We were on 4th floor overlooking the front of the hotel with quite a busy road and only single glazing so at times it could be quite noisy so perhaps a room on opposite side would be better.

However, the staff were excellent, in particular, Charles, at the front desk, who went out of his way to try to help us sort out an issue with our hire car, which was nothing to with the hotel at all. Others also helped and all the staff were friendly and polite.
Buffet breakfast - good selection, eggs cooked to order.

Room Tip: Possibly not a room overlooking front of hotel due to traffic noise
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Rodney P, Manager at Southern Sun Pretoria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Good Morning

Thank you so much for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. The team and I are very that you enjoyed your stay. I can assure you that your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears. We at Southern Sun Pretoria pride ourselves on the quality of service that we deliver. we look forward to seeing you soon.