“Excellent Asian Fusion with Great Service”
Review of Koi

Koi
Ranked #49 of 814 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Koi Restaurants, the leader in contempory Asian Cuisine. At Koi we strive to bring you the latest in Asian trends mixed with our own touch of Western style in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We had assorted pieces of sushi and sashimi to start. The fish was tender with good flavor. My wife then had the sesame crusted seared tuna with grilled vegetables and wasabi mayonnaise. She said it was the best she had eaten in a long time. I had the Asian spice beef fillet with mushrooms, bok choy, and roasted garlic potatoes. The beef was nicely tender. Our servers were outstanding. I highly recommend trying this place.

BonBail, Owner at Koi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Hi davidyng,

Thank you for your lovely review!

We pride ourselves on the best quality ingredients and service.

And we really do appreciate the positive feedback, I will relay this message to my team!

We look forward to seeing you at Koi Lynnwood again!

Koi Management Team

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I can only fault them on one issue - told the waiter Im highly allergic to shellfish. Prawns that someone else ordered was put on the same plate as my calamari. Therefore, I couldnt have it. Apart from that, the service was good and the food was excellent

BonBail, Owner at Koi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Hi NamJaiHouse,

Thank you for your lovely review!

I am so sorry that the waiter did not fully understand the implication of a shellfish allergy, and I will take this opportunity to setup training for my team in this regard.

A huge apology that you could not enjoy everything that you had ordered!

Thank you for taking the time to review, your feedback plays a huge part in our continued efforts to improve performance.

We hope to see you back again soon at Koi Lynnwood!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2015

When Koi opened in Lynnwood Bridge, as it's very convenient, we went there regularly, and enjoyed most things on the menu, then about six months in, the quality started going down. Our visits also became fewer, and dwindled to nothing. Yesterday, we went there again, and were again disappointed. They have a great concept, but they should not stop trying, and get complacent.

Hi PatBosman,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Koi Lynnwood.

Could you give us some specific details as to what you did not find satisfactory, so that I can address these issues directly.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I eagerly await your response (bon@koirest.co.za), so that we can make any improvements necessary.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

I found the food good but definitely not worth the prices they charge. You can have food just as good (if not better) at many other restaurants in close proximity for much less. The setting is nice but it won't leave you in awe, the service is good but won't blow you away and don't expect a very large variety of foods. Mostly (jaw dropping) expense sushi and main meals that start at about R110 and goes past R200 for salmon. I love good food and won't mind spending R800 on dinner for two but then I expect to be impressed and unfortunately Koi did not impress me.

Hi Peter T,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We pride ourselves on only the best quality ingredients and highly skilled staff, and our prices are calculated according to this.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

Had a late lunch. Sushi taste still great. But seems the professionals are allocated to the more posh shifts. Pieces were pretty but too big. Like someone thought it was less effort to cut large pieces. Had to divide all in two before I could get it in my mouth. Please try to keep up the standard at all times. Thanks

Hi Petrus V,

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the level of quality that you have come to expect at Koi Lynnwood.

I will address these issues with my team, your feedback is important to us, thank you for taking the time to contact us.