“Watch the city go by”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Fumo has been on our radar for a while, and we were delightfully surprised once we finally got around to a meal at this trendy Italian eatery.

If you feel like treating yourself to an "I deserve it" dinner at the end of a tough week, Fumo provides the ideal menu and setting to do so on a Friday night as you ease into the weekend. We booked a table at the the rounded windows and watched the city come and go on a Friday evening as we enjoyed all the different eateries put in front of us, some ordered, others as compliments.

For starters we enjoyed seared salmon and octopus stew, both very well prepared. The chefs complimentary amuse-bouche was a delicious surprise, along with a complimentary drink between starters and mains which helped shake of the weeks stress with its bite! For mains we enjoyed oxtail with mash and the asparagus and camembert risotto. The oxtail was cooked to perfection with a deep and rich sauce, ideal for a glass of good red. The risotto was one of the better risottos we have come across in S.A, yet it lacked seasoning and depth of flavour, however, still very appetizing. For dessert a skillfully prepared creme brûlée and exceptional mille-feuille ended a wonderful Friday evening.

Over all one has to commend Fumo for the skill with which each and every meal and element is prepared as this is hard to come by in the best of restaurants in Pretoria. We will happily return to waste away more evenings at this excellent eatery.

Price: R500 - R600 per peron- includes starter, mains, desert, sparkling water, drinks and coffee
Hints and tips: Book a table at the round windows on a cold winters night to watch the city go by, or book a table on the balcony to catch warm summer evenings.

2  Thank Angelique_Jaco

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Fumo in Groenkloof is the perfect restuarent choice. My family has eaten at Fumo a number of times and have not been disappointed. The only drawback is that it does not open on Sundays. It is otherwise one of my favoutite restuarents.

2  Thank 2lindin
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I was recommended by a friend that if I miss Italian food, I must go to Fumo. It is considered the best Italian restaurant in Pretoria. I missed the squid ink spaghetti that I had in Venice, and so I went there. The spaghetti is made from cuttlefish but the sauce is bolognese. It tastes so weird. However, the services and ambience is very good. So, I give it an average.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Above Cafe 41 in Groenkloof square, Fumo is never packed. Quiet and atmospheric, is a lovely to go for a date. Lighting in the middle calls for a successful selfie with your date/hubby.
Their starters are glorious with their pretzels and ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic sauce.
Try their squid ink/octopus pasta (not on the menu) and their pizza is also tasty.
Their food is quite pricey but worth the money considering the service is quick and friendly, and great food.
The manager there is chilled and gives good recommendations so if you don't know what you want, speak to him and he will give good advice.
Not a place for students as it may be too expensive but excellent to make a good impression.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

As always, Fumo's does not disappoint. By far the best Pizza in Pretoria. Absolutely brilliant. Beats any other fine dining Italian restaurant.