“Excellent”
Review of KOI Menlyn Maine

KOI Menlyn Maine
Ranked #180 of 806 Restaurants in Pretoria
Reviewed 30 September 2017

New location with new menu and still one of my favourite restuarants in Pretoria. Had crispy duck tacos which was really good.

Would like to see some additions to the sushi menu - maybe a wider variety of fish.

Price is reasonable for what you get.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We had dinner at Koi on a Friday night. Booked in advance and asked for a more private table, unfortunately we were seated right in the middle of the open area and next to a couple with a child who insisted to use his Chinese sticks as drum sticks.
Luckily the service was good with friendly but very efficiant staff.

The layout and ambiance of the restaurant we felt were a bit lacking with the simplicity of the open space and table placements.

The food (sushi & crispy duck) were very very good, both taste and presentation. And the dessert and coffee were even better.

Will return for some more sushi, hopefully we can get a corner table in the future...

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely vibe and trendy place, delicious food and drinks. Amazing lamb chops. The desserts were equally amazing, tried the banana, cinnamon and choc "spring roll" served with a white chocolate sauce. Simple deliciousness. Enjoyed the evening and will certainly be back.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Me and hubby had a Sunday lunch there. The setting is beautiful. Décor is plain but classy. There is no table cloths on the table but is still looks good. For a starter I had Seafood Tom Yum with Prawns, calamari & line fish. It was delicious, the right amount of chili and lime. My husband had sushi and was just as impressed. For mains I had the Crispy Beef with baby corn, green beans, red onion & oyster sauce. Delicious. Hubby had Marinated Line Fish oven roasted with jalapeno & ginger marinade. We had for sides the Stir Fried Vegetables in chilli garlic & oyster sauce. Any fresher an it would still be growing in the garden. I also had a Green Papaya
salad with carrots, cucumber, roasted peanuts & chilli lime vinaigrette.I was a little bit disappointed as it was not how I remembered it from Thailand. We had a lovely lunch and would visit there again. Really to be recommended.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of enjoying Koi's hospitality twice in as many months. The ambiance, service and food are of amazing. The dim sum is by far the best I've had. Treat yourself, take your family or significant other and you won't regret it. In fact Koi might become your next favorite restaurant