“Little gem in the country”

Bellgables Country Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Muldersdrift
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2018

An old favorite, always a great experience. Only let down was slow and sometimes non-existent staff. Could do with active and viable management/owners.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Had lunch at Bellgables on a really hot day. Sat outside at the pool having drinks and the Zebra's came up to drink from it. Impala also moving through the grounds and had a few Vervet monkeys pop in for a drink too.
Good menu to choose from and had the prawn and chicken curry. Crazy on a hot day I guess, but it sounded great and the inside was cool and air conditioned.
My partner had the beef medallions.
One of our group had the trio of soups to start which looked amazing.
Beautiful presentation of food when the main course arrived. I was a little disappointed as it was mainly a chicken curry with 1 big prawn visible and a few shrimp in the mix as well. I mentioned this to my waitress and she came back with a side plate with an extra prawn a few more shrimp. I thought for the price I paid for the dish there should have been an abundance of prawns in the mix.
Anyway, it was rectified quickly and I loved the curry and accompaniments. Roti, rice and veggies also on the plate.
My partners steak was excellent, very tender and she was also pleased.
Some of our group had deserts, white chocolate mousse etc which looked awesome and I believe were very tasty.
Great place for a treat with a pool to cool off in on hot days. I'll definitely take my baggies with me next time!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

An interesting, eclectic restaurant serving fine-dining meals. Food was delicious and portions generous. Service friendly and prompt. Really a lovely experience

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I have been there many times and I can't find any wrong with this beautiful place. It is my favourite restaurant in Johannesburg.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Fantastic decor! Good service, relax in style, food was excellent! Inside seating transfer you to another era but outside seating just as nice to sit by the pool and enjoy a Sunday lunch.