“Fantastic”

Price range: US$24 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

A dining experience unlike any other and one not to be missed. The staff are hugely enthusiastic- welcoming you at the door and taking you down to the restaurant past life-size figures of Nelson Mandela, Chaka and Lobengula amongst others. The house cocktail is highly recommended. A selection of sauces including horseradish, mint and apple sauce are brought to the table together with salads and then the meats start... huge skewers with every meat you can imagine arrive one after the other and the opportunity try unusual game is unparalleled. Any celebrations like birthdays cause all the staff to join in a wonderful performance of traditional singing and dancing which we could have listened to all night. The whole atmosphere was just electric. It is definitely an experience not to be missed

RecreationAfrica, Manager at Carnivore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Carnivore! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable time. Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

A good place to go in a group and if you like meat. Tremendous selection of different kindas of meat from beef, to zebra and virtually everything in between. Only 20 minutes from Randburg in the Cradle of Humankind.

RecreationAfrica, Manager at Carnivore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My big meat eating days had already been gone when I heard about Carnivore. But my curiosity (and my friends) got the best of me and I found myself at this, all you can eat, Fogo de Chao style meat establishment that serves game meat. Besides, where in the States could I eat Zebra??

I am glad that I went but I doubt I'll go again. If you're curious to know what Impala or crocodile taste like (think consistency of chicken and taste of fish), give it a try. The Kudu meat and sausage are very good. So good that my friends and I were half jokingly talking about exporting Kudu sausage to the US (we would call our company Kudos).

Unlike Fogo the Chao where I found the salad bar refreshing and complimentary rather than distracting, I wouldn't waste any time on the veggies here - it was clear that they did not get as much attention as did the meats, which was a bit disappointing. Then again, as to be expected anywhere in South Africa, a few bottles of local red wine make the experience super fun and memorable.

RecreationAfrica, Manager at Carnivore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about Carnivore. We make every effort to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable time and we are delighted that we met your expectations!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

The property is very nice and the room was neat and clean. Breakfast was substandard and the dinner and dance offered in the package at Carnivore Restaurant was a nightmare. During the so-called Dinner and Dance we did not receive any service, had to search for waiters (who was unwilling to serve us), no food was served at our table and we once again had to ask unwilling waiters to serve us as they were dancing and having their own New Years celebration. The Dance and the Band : Terrible, terrible, terrible. The band did not take all the patrons in consideration and only played music relating to their own culture. On multiple occasions we requested management to cater for ALL the patrons but this request was ignored. We were not the only guests complaining and this will definitely be the last time we visit this establishment.

Thank you for the time you have taken to review our property.

This is of utmost importance to us. We take note of the shortcomings and continuously strive for higher standards. The email you sent to our Hotel was well received and we thank you again for your feedback. The valued feedback we received from you was brought to the attention of Management who has carried out a thorough investigation with regards to the issues raised.

Please accept our sincerely apologies for the disappointing service rendered from our Carnivore Restaurant. We have instilled corrective measure to ensure that these issues are rectified.

We hope to welcome you again in future and provide you with a more pleasant and memorable experience.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The way they serve the food is nice. For a meatlover this place will do. You can eat things like crocodile and zebra. But the food lacks a bit of quality.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Carnivore.
We make every effort to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable time and we apologise for not meeting all your expectations.