See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I noted a (much needed) change in management. Lots of work in progress regards repainting & sprucing up. The supper was good. Properly prepared, presentable and tasty. The room was clean. The bed was of good quality hospitality standard which gave me a decent sleep. Breakfast was far better than even the usual fare in 5 star hotels. Fresh quality fruit, and a super executive breakfast made my day !
I am pleased to see big changes happening here.

Room Tip: Book early ! With the change in management this place will fill up quickly
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from April 23-29. There are far better choices, avoid this property at all costs. Run down room with chipped paint, no internet access the entire week and poor amenities. The staff were fine, but the rest was well below average.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sroop
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I'm not normally someone who complains about hotels. I'm happy with efficient and adequate service and I don't care about luxury. But staying in this hotel was just the pits. First of all the carpets in my room were dirty with gross spots on them, the walls were filthy and needed paint, the incredibly small TV had very poor reception and the toilet was broken - I had to open the tap when I used it and then close it again after use because it was running continuously - and my room had no soap in it.

After I came back from my conference of day two of my stay, my room wasn't serviced and I had no toilet paper. When I complained about this, I was give the room next door, and I had to move all my stuff there. It also had no soap in it. There is clearly a huge maintenance and service problem at this hotel. Our whole corporate group would never stay there again and I will advice my company's travel agent never to book us into this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank alibabaman
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here a few nights for a conference nearby. The hotel was fine and not too expensive. It is more like a motel. Reception staff were friendly and helpful, in contrast to the staff in the breakfast room. The location in Midrand is so-so: the surrounding area is not very attractive (apart from the Gallagher estate opposite the hotel) and not safe at night according to some. This hotel is a good option if you have business nearby, but I would hesitate to recommend it for leisure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at the executive hotel in midrand last week while i was on business in johannesburg.
I have to say that the service and staff were excellent. They say it is a 3 star establishment but i think that the service is 5 star. I would like to say a big thank you tateenda , pam for going out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.
Thanks executive team, i will definitely be staying there on my next trip to johannesburg. :)

Room Tip: All rooms are great but i would suggest one on the upper floor so that you have a view of the nightlife.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business