1,594 results
All reviews quills restaurant nespresso machine top floor long flight indoor pool arrivals hall international arrivals executive room tambo airport main terminal next morning hour flight your luggage between flights south africa baggage claim room service
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Walking distance from the airport. Good selection of food. Service was slightly slow. Wasn’t up for the buffet so chose from the A la carry menu instead. The presentation and quality of the buffet was good. Overall a pleasant experience. I will visit the place again.

Date of stay: December 2017
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear YuviYuvi
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms and concerned on the service in the restuarant. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

For a one night stay by the airport, the convenience can't be beat - just steps away from both the International Terminal and Terminal B - but for the very expensive price, I expected more. The room was well appointed, an adequate size, had one of the best showers we have found in a hotel, and the wifi worked well. However, the pillows were terrible, the A/C cooled only to 23 even though it was set on 19 all night, the Nespresso machine did not work, and there were spots of mold on the shower glass. (The glass simply hadn't been cleaned, because the spots came off when I tried cleaning it with soap.) We stayed in other luxury properties in South Africa that offered generally better accommodations at much lower prices. You are definitely paying for the convenience of being just across the street from the terminals.

Date of stay: January 2018

Dear ja363
Thank you for your most recent post on Tripadvisor. I am however concern with you feedback. I would like to contact you to get further details as that is not the standard, nor the norm at my hotel. Please may you email me contact information to Sonia.Carreira@icairport.com so I can ensure that this is investigated. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
Kind regards
Sonia Carreira,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I stayed here in December 2017 for 2 night stay while transiting and again overnight in January 2018 on my return. As a woman travelling on her own I chose the hotel for it's convenient location. It's just a few metres away from Terminal A arrivals.
The service is very good with staff that go out of their way to help you - on both occasions when I checked out a member of the team took me over to the airport with my cases straight to the check in desk.
The food in Quills restaurant was good as was room service.
I stayed in an Executive room, these were well presented and maintained with a very comfortable large bed. The walk in shower is large with good water pressure. There was also a separate bath tub.
The spa area is on the top floor. The pool is on the small side but enough for a gentle swim and is next to the massage/beauty treatment rooms. Again, the team in the spa were very friendly. I didn't try the gym but had a relaxing massage treatment instead.
I will be staying here again when I next transit through Johannesburg in March and April.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear AKS1005
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property and for recognising the professional and memorable service that you received, it is warming to know that my team have made you stay both a success as well as memorable. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I travel often - and this IC property is a tribute to the IHG brand of excellence and consistency.

Suffering from lack of sleep after a long international flight, I was so thankful that I could exit customs and walk about 10 meters to this modern property. I arrived at 10 am and the attentive and well trained staff greeted me enthusiastically and rushed me to my room. Literally a couple minutes at check in with a very warm welcome.

My room was perfect for a much needed rest - plush bedding, very comfortable pillows and mattress. Shower with awesome water pressure. Black out curtains. The rooms must be sound proofed because I never heard a sound although my view was of the runway. Lol

I did not wake up until 5 am the next day. Not only was there an Nespresso machine but also a kettle with coffees and teas. Mini bar for a much needed Red Bull.

Showered and up to the top floor for an awesome workout in a well appointed gym. Cold water in bottles. Boxer ear buds for the treadmill. Apples. Plenty of towels. Perfect size for a good workout. There’s also an indoor pool.

What’s most remarkable about this InterContinental was the attention to detail not only in room setup but in also in terms of service. Every member of the staff I interacted with was smiling and so professional. The valet even escorted me to check in to ensure it was a hassle free experience.

Additionally as an IHG member my room included a huge array of fresh fruit and a small gift. My welcome points were quickly deposited to my account - an all time record.

24 hours after my arrival from Thailand and absolutely no signs of jet lag - thanks Johannesburg Intercontinental. You represent the best of IHG and are wonderful ambassadors of South Africa.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Erick T
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property. Immense appreciation to you for recognising the professional and memorable service that you received, it is warming to know that my team have made you stay both a success as well as memorable. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

As I was planning this trip, we had a brief stop in Joburg, before going to Nelspruit. I was looking for a hotel that was close to the airport so we could shower after our 15-hour flight. I found this hotel and utilized points from our timeshare to book a room. First let me say, this hotel is literally 500 ft outside the doors of the airport. You can follow the signs to it. Second, it is an absolutely beautiful property - Amazingly decorated. The customer service here is also phenomenal. They upgraded our room to a deluxe room because of status and wow, how incredible it is. A very comfortable king size bed (much use after the 15-hour flight), beautiful bathroom with wonderful water pressure in the shower (a big deal for me) and fantastic free internet. You will also find lots of freebies, water, cereal bars, and even a brown sherry. We also had dinner in the Quills Restaurant (which has a great presentation of actual quills hanging from the ceiling). The food was great (the homemade bread is amazing, though I was the only one who cared for the wheat...everyone loved the white). The place is very accommodating to allergies as the chef made me a special dairy-free sauce to go with my grilled chicken, but my wife's chicken stir-fry was amazing. So clearly I just asked for that sauce. The table next to us was able to order a hamburger, that was not on the menu so I guess you can ask for it. The prices were very reasonable. I am normally a Marriott person, but this experience has made me rethink Intercontinental properties if they are all like this. If you are stopping over, this is a must stay......kind of wishing the last 3 days of our trip was here.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Michael M