“Great Curry Buffet”

Ranked #292 of 1,464 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2017

So Tuesday and Saturday evenings are a curry buffet - this is great value with a wide range of dishes on selection . Other times the menu is brilliant with great selections - don't miss this - you need to book for the buffet

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The curry I got from Shahi Khana was pretty salty and not what I expected. I wouldn't necessarily order food from them again. The naan was also average. My Paneer Palak was OK but the Chicken dish I ordered wasn't something I could bring myself to eat as the meat was tough and the dish was far too salty and spicy. Perhaps I ordered poorly.

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank Nicola K
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Wow! 5* and more! Deliberately went when no buffet buzzed with eager patrons, and feasted rather on the menu. Somehow a shiraz worked perfectly too! From the moment the Papadom arrived with delectable dips I knew this was going to be special. It certainly was. Their "Fish Curry" was a delicate balance of palatable "hot" with just the right collection of "fish" to make me want to go back...soon. "Bombay potato" needs to be tasted to be believed - you produced the best out of this vegetarian curry dish. I kept the "Chicken Korma" in the wings, so to speak - chunks of chicken breast waiting to be gobbled and savored in that creamy secret Mumbai sea of subtle curry had to cleanse the palate... But I want more! You guys fed and allowed my friend and I to truly feast on a perfect curry evening. Bravo! G

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Good range of meat and vegetarian curries with decent sized portions. The naan bread is particularly good and prompt service

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The Tuesday and Saturday buffets are a real spread of culinary flavours and spice. I have been several times. The staff are very accommodating. Value for money is unparalleled in Johannesburg. This will be a vegetarian dream.
The lamb stew is quite bone filled however the butter chicken and chicken curry is ample. The vegetarian starters are a mesmerizing experience for the fresh palate.

Date of visit: June 2017