US$123
US$162
US$312
US$255
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$302/night.

The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
84 on Fourth Guest House(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$58
Foxwood House(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
All reviewsboutique hotelrosebank mallcolonial stylerooms are spaciousthe entire hotellovely hotellovely poolgautrain stationcommon areassmall hotellong flighthome away from homemelrose archunitytimothyafricadriver
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The quality of the hotel was excellent. The problem I had was that I was put into a room that was directly parallel to a building site. There was no attempt to move me or no recognition it would disturb me. I would be woken by the noise and throughout the day continuous disturbance.
Staff were excellent, always very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lakmalg2017
WinstonHotel342, Guest Relations Manager at The Winston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Lakmalg2017,

On behalf of The Winston Hotel, I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I would like to apologise if your stay did not live up to our high standards. If our staff were made aware that you were not satisfied, I can assure you that you would have been immediately moved and our staff and management would have done their utmost to correct this.

The building site next door completes this week so this will no longer be a disruption.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Although I didnt stay here I spent an afternoon here meeting for drinks. We sat outside on very comfortable sofas and enjoyed the old world atmosphere of the place. It was nice and quiet, bringing peacefulness to the atmosphere. After enjoying a great cappuccino and cake we moved on to the wine selected from a super range on the wine list. nice place to pop in to if you feel like having a chill afternoon with friends.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
WinstonHotel342, Guest Relations Manager at The Winston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear NSVanderMac,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and hope welcome you back again soon!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The Winston is a pretty boutique hotel, a seven minute walk to the Rosebank Mall, one street off the main road. The rooms are spacious, beautiful gardens around the pool in an open courtyard and great breakfast with nice people. There is a gorgeous outside patio for breakfast or drinks in the evening.
The cons are there is a 10:30 check out. I was able to get a 11:00 check out, but stayed there on an weekend, so during the week it could be a problem, I never heard of an early check like that. I walked to Rosebank Mall in the early evening, left before sunset, the walk is close, but there is poor lighting, sort of residential neighborhood and business area. I am a large male and did not feel safe, two young males using drugs were in a dark area close to sidewalk. I would not suggest walking to mall, I tried to use the hotel shuttle and the staff informed me it was booked.
If you aren't planing to leave the hotel, it's a great place to stay. If you are planning to visit the Rosebank Mall, I would choose another hotel, I would recommend The Monarch. I stayed in both.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelerandWine

Dear TravelerandWine,

On behalf of The Winston Hotel, I would like to thank you for staying with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our check out time is the standard check out time in most South African hotels, a late check out can be arranged through our front desk (subject to availability).

We are in close proximity to Rosebank Mall. Should you not feel safe walking, we can always arrange a shuttle - with some short notice as at times our shuttle is booked, although we can always arrange alternative transportation.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this wonderful hotel several times over the years. I always feel like I have come home. Staying there this week after a four year gap, it is still as fabulous as ever. Rooms are to a very high standard and the staff are exceptional!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Natasha T,

On behalf of The Winston Hotel, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your kind review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I spent such a wonderful time at the hotel.. everything is clean, new and elegant. The staff is incredible... thanks a lot for such a amazing time. When i left the hotel, a part of the staff came to say goodby with a warm hug, I am brazilian, which means that we love to hug.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WinstonHotel342, Guest Relations Manager at The Winston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear legnas2017,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Sending you hugs from our hotel!