“Mother's Day disaster !!”
Review of The Other Side

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Took family out for Mother's Day lunch. What a disappointment. No one front of house to greet and seat us. I eventually located someone who advised other people sitting at our table. It was a buffet starter, dessert with choice of 3 mains. There was no starters as they ran out, the deserts were pitiful. The main was tasty but a small portion. Drinks did not arrive despite 5 reminders and mine came after I had finished my main morsel. They service was dreadful due to understaffing. People were complaining left, right and centre. It was cold, chaotic and crazy with some singer blasting so loud that it was hard to talk. It was obvious they had overbooked and under catered. The owner was apparently away in Bots, another absent owner who thinks it ok to charge and not deliver. Your restaurant is appalling and shame on you to shoulder such responsibility on your staff who tried so hard in an impossible situation!

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We were welcomed by a friendly waiter and shown to our table. The wine took 10mins to arrive and we still weren't handed a food menu. We ordered the special grilled salmon and veg and waited another 20 mins before being told that there was none left. We ordered the lamb curry and gravedlac salmon salad and again were told there was none left.

We asked them to tell us what they did have and eventually just decided to share the grilled beef rib eye with roast veg and salad. The food arrived quite quickly but the meat was blue instead of medium rare so had to be sent back.

To give them credit the salad was fresh and the vinegairette was amazing. The roast veg was also very nice. The highlight of the day were the French fries which were possibly the best I have ever tasted. When the meat came back it was well cooked and very good.

The venue is amazing. Really. A gem. In the countryside over looking a field and some dams but the over all experience was so dissapointing it would take a lot of persuading to go back. Especially considering the prices. It is in a premium  housing estate but one would have thought that the house owners would have been more discerning about the quality they expected.

To be honest, it's a 50/50 risk whether you will have a fabulous experience or a very frustrating one.  Probably not worth the hour drive we did to come here but if you are in the lanseria area maybe worth the risk.

They could have so easily made all better by showing that they care even slightly but clearly with a captive audience they don't really care if you come back or not

Reviewed 8 February 2016

My family and I booked my dad's 75th birthday lunch at this restaurant and it was extremely disappointing! I should have read all these reviews before I booked because i am clearly not the only person frustrated with this venue. Don't get me wrong - the setting is lovely and kids can run around on the lawns but that's where the charm ends! Honestly for what we ended up paying I would have rather booked at Papacino and the kids would have still had space to run around. Our waiter Thando was beyond DREADFUL and of course we had to pay a compulsory gratuity of R500 because we had more than 10 guests - what a joke!!!!!!!! An expensive joke. The food was really disappointing considering we had to pay R280 a head. A buffet means option right - well there was one cold soup as a starter option which as you can imagine is not to everyone's liking. I can't believe I chose this spot for my dad's big birthday.

1  Thank Lebolucky
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is saved by its location. It has potential which isn't being realized.It is in a beautiful place with stunning views but the food is very average and the service is awful.
Our waiter served us most of our drinks in small wine glasses, said they'd run out of glasses. He openly fought with the table next to us who did not bring their security slip with them - said he could not serve them. He then served three of the four of us and we waited a long time for the last plate.The fourth finally dish arrived and the fish was raw and chilled in the centre, and had to be sent back.
It was ss if our waiter had not ordered the last dish and tried to make a plan.

1  Thank Wayne and Mari K
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Spent a lovely afternoon relaxing in the sun. When we received the bill we were horrified. R110 for a kiddies penne Napoletana!!! Soup was cold, mains delicious and dessert very mediocre -especially for the R280pp price tag. A pity as the environment is really nice. Walked away feeling ripped off :(

1  Thank Natalie A