“Very pleasant, with a slightly different menu”

Thava Indian Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 1,425 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I love Indian food, but grow weary of much the same offerings at most Indian restaurants. Thava is, however, somewhat different, and I look forward to my next visit when I shall continue to work my way through the numerous dishes whose names I have never encountered before.

Starter kebabs were a bit dry, but main dishes were very good - I took the tapas route, ordering half portions of dal and lamb - a sensory feast the memory of which is causing me to salivate as I type.

Unfortunately service was a tad slow, but the interaction with waiters was very pleasant.

Parking is free.

vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear. Thank you so much for your support and valuable comment. Look forward to hosting you again. thanks vibin

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place is always full and waiters are on there A-Game.

I go often to that place and each time it amazes me with the type of food they serve. Music and ambiance is good and there Momo’s are Devine. Absolutely love the food.

2  Thank riteshd142
vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed so many restaurants when I’m travelling, but forget to review what’s on my doorstep. I love this restaurant and Thava is the best Indian restaurant I’ve been to, and my favourite outside of India. All the dishes are delicious, you could be in India. The service is outstanding and excellent value for money. I’ve been to Thava many time and it is consistently excellent.

1  Thank Kathy M

Reviewed 9 March 2018

As always this restaurant is full. Lots of people. Buzzing with energy.
We ordered papdi chaat. Four pieces came. Topped with a ton of boiled potato. And only a little chutney. They need to get their sense of proportion right.

Also ordered chili chicken. Didn't give the sense of being freshly prepared. Fills your stomach but doesn't satisfy the taste buds.

Finally lachcha paratha and daal. Again just average. Not great.

The overall meal was average. The waitress was very nice and friendly

1  Thank Rajeev G
vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear. Thank you so much for your support and valuable comment. we really apologizing the fact that you felt our dishes are average . however we have informed this issue to our concern department and will make sure it wont happen again. Look forward to hosting you again. thanks vibin

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We popped in for lunch , restaurant was quiet so service was very attentive , the staff member Bongani was very professional , They have a wide ranging menu and the food was great

vibin v, General Manager at Thava Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018