“Voted Best Thai Restaurant in Johannesburg - NOT BY ME!”

2 Thai 4 Restaurant
Ranked #309 of 1,380 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2018

My wife and I are very fond of Thai food and have visited quite a few. My starter of seafood soup had one prawn, one mussel, one piece of fish and one piece of calamari, the rest was mushrooms. Tasty but not enough seafood. My wife had Coconut Chicken soup which was very good with plenty chicken.

My main course was Stir Fry Red Curry. The beef was tough as old boots! But it was very tasty. Side order of noodles were rubbery. My wife's Chicken Phad Thai was not up to the standard elsewhere.

We were at one of only 3 tables occupied on a Saturday night at 8pm! And they claim to have been voted the best Thai restaurant in Joburg - well, all I can say is their customers must be easily pleased.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a tasty, filling meal with good service. Good value for money too. I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This restaurant was part of the Restaurant Week and we were excited about getting a great meal at a reasonable price.

When we arrived there was one other customer in the restaurant and we had to wait a good three to four minutes before someone came to the reception desk to great us (there was no bell that we could push to alert them to the fact that we had arrived.)

We were seated and the special menu presented as well as the usual menu. The waiter explained that we could have the set menu at R150,00 or we could order from the usual menu at the regular prices. We opted for the set menu as we thought that this must be something very special that they had prepared for Joburg restaurant week.

My daughter ordered the duck and was told that unfortunately they had run out of duck (there was only one other person in the restaurant, had he eaten all the duck?), we then opted for the King Prawns. For starters we had Chicken Satay with peanut butter sauce.

The Chicken Satay was tasty but the chicken was overcooked. The King prawns looked more the regular size and were cooked to a crisp.

When we checked the prices for these dishes on the regular menu we noticed that if we had ordered them from that menu they would have cost us less than the special menu.

As for the ambience, as I said there was only one other person in the restaurant when we arrived and when he left a party of 3 arrived, had something quick to eat and then left, leaving us as the only patrons.

I will not be trying this particular Restaurant again.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Great food and very cosy atmoshere. There was a fire burning which made it so cosy and warm on a cold winter's night! The food was excellent. Very tasty and well presented.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I just googlerd the place on Friday night and was a great experience. Food was massive and very good, fire place made it warm and would definately come back there for a Thair craving. Phat Thai was delicious together with Thai beer.