“Superb fresh fish ...”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Illovo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Resturants
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Any fisherman will tell you that fresh fish does not smell fishy, and the Fishmonger in Illovo is a prime example of a fresh fish establishment! The aromas are delicious - the smell of the sea with delicate sauces. My first choice for seafood in Johannesburg. Good selection of reasonably-priced wines. My mouth is watering as I write. - I think I'll ring them now and book for tonight.

Side if the restaurant opens wide onto an outdoor seating area. Great for summer,\.

Plenty of parking.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I wish this restaurant was in Cape Town, really great seafood, nice venue and very attentive service

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Brilliant service. Mangers and waiters are attentive. Food was fantastic. Great grilled halloumi. Succulent sea bass.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

For my last family meal on this trip to Johannesburg we decided to have lunch at the Fishmonger and what a great choice it was. Ideally located, attentive staff, great wine list and excellent food.

We felt welcome from the moment we entered the premises. Snacks of olives and fish goujons arrived while we decided on our meals. We chose seared salmon which was utterly sublime and vegetarian California rolls which were tasty and well presented. Dessert involved much discussion but we eventually settled on tiramisu, chocolate sensation and peppermint crisp torte. These desserts were melt-in-the-mouth delicious.

We were aware of many people coming and going and every guest being warmly greeted. This is truly a restaurant where guests do seem to become family. I cannot wait for my return visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

First-class service, excellent fish cooked to perfection.
Wine list abundant.
What more to ask?
For entree, main dish with side, dessert and wine I spent around 400 rands.