“Aurevoir and Bon voyage to our son”

Ottawa Creek Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #32 of 75 Restaurants in Edenvale
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at Ottawa Creek Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Edenvale. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We visited on my son's last night in Edenvale before leaving for England.
We enjoyed good service and all the starters were great. My wife enjoyed the new Cheesy prawn offering.
My daughter enjoyed ribs (600) and my wife loves Spurs chicken wings.
My son and I had burgers, one Goodie and one Jalapeno.
After having chivken livers to start I battled to finish.
We even took home some of the ribs.
It was a very enjoyable meal.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Ottawa Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hi Nigel,

Thank you so much for your great review! Our aim is to serve fresh, good food. Glad to hear you and your family enjoyed it. :)

We look forward having you back again, soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Really good burgers, just an exceptionally long wait, also dined in, average service, not the best steaks

1  Thank Stevenb1971
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Ottawa Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Stevenb1971,

Thank you for reviewing our family restaurant! We appreciate your feedback. If you feel that there is anything we can improve upon, kindly send your feedback, together with your contact details, to customer-care@spur.co.za so that we can ensure any necessary changes are made.

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Rump 300g cheddamelt. Ordered medium rare. The problem was the quality of the steak. Way too much sinew and the steak was a bit too rare on getting half way through.
Seems like quality can vary between Spur restaurants. Less than a week ago I had the exact same meal at a Spur in New Road. It was amazing - one of the best I've had and so I was disappointed with this steak tonight by comparison.
Not the best.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Ottawa Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear QuentinDaff,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your meal experience.

If you would like to discuss this further, please forward this on together with your contact details to customer-care@spur.co.za and we'll get in touch with you.

Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We have been going to our breakfast gathering for 4 years, always on a Thursday, tried a few other restaurants, but always land up back at Spur, even though the price has increased, our 6 - 8 are all pensioners, and all have the special breakfast with the bottomless coffee, we would be glad if we could have had a pensioners discount. The service and welcome is great, (we will be back)

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Ottawa Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear yespromo,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. Nothing pleases us more than satisfying our customers. Please see our seniors menu==> https://www.spur.co.za/media/491518/27955s-seniors-menu-std-dec-2016_final-lr.pdf. We hope to see you again soon for another Spurrrific experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

My little family of 4 decided to pop into Spur for a quick dinner last night. The kids love Spur! The restaurant was full! We had a great time! I ordered wings - it was delayed and I complained to the manager- he apologized and gave it to us on the house. That was really a great surprise! We enjoyed the evening.

Dear Ardele,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. Nothing pleases us more than satisfying our customers. We hope to see you again soon for another Spurrrific experience.