“Very bad service and cold food”
Review of Lago Puccini

Lago Puccini
Ranked #76 of 99 Restaurants in Boksburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: S26 08 46.6 E28 16 21.0
Description: S26 08 46.6 E28 16 21.0
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Good view. Special pre-booked Valentine's dinner. Drinks arrived with nothing to mix with-requested straw-never arrived-had to ask another waiter. Haloumi starter on bed of salad-no salad dressing-Foccacia cold-could not attract waitress's attention at all-so just ate it like that. Main of Calamari took for ever-then arrived lukewarm-plonked down on table with no cutlery or serviettes. No tartar sauce or lemon on my plate. When we finally had waitress's attention her excuse was busy kitchen. I however told her gently it was her actual service that was a problem and advised that she needed to take few seconds to check before leaving diners table-finally brought cutlery-had to asked for tartar and lemon again-brought sauce only-had to request lemon slice again. Ate cold Calamri reluctantly as we had no idea how long rewarm would take. My husband had then decided no tip was going to be paid. When my husband ordered his Malva desert waitress started walking away before taking mine-had to call her and tell her we were TWO! His desert arrived alone and we had to wait for mine. Romantic, relaxing evening turned ugly and stressful. When bill arrived my husband had relented and told me to decide on the tip. I discovered to my disgust that a 10% tip had already been added to bill for 2 people without it being stated on the Valentine's menu. So at this restaurant bad service is apparently rewarded a full 10% tip that diners have no say over. They will never see us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

As a club house restaurant it's ok, lovely view to the lake, extensive menu & service good but could be much better. Food was ok, for most, others had over cooked & dry chicken.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Went with wife and grandchild for a relax morning for brunch. Order a beer coke and milkshake and food. A waiter came and asked me to move to another table he wants the space for a another customer i said i am relax and happy as is he went off did not say a word the next moment a man who said he is the owner of the restaurant came to us and said his staff asked us several times to move because they need the place for a another customer the next moment the " owner " accused me of having a attitude and asked us to leave the property he really got aggressive still we did not do anything wrong and "why" did he asked us to leave feel very embarrassment with grandchild asked whats the matter and why cant he have his food

Reviewed 10 July 2016

A really nice venue and massive menu which unfortunately lets them down. Starter orders took a while to arrive with a mistaken / wrong order on one of the Focaccia's - also the garlic was a bit of an overkill. Mains were average - steaks not particularly exciting, curries good, onion rings oily.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I have visited on a number of occasions because of the location & setting which is great. The food is average fare with average service. I will continue to visit if only for the view.