See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Everything was perfect ! Thank you for your kindness! I was lucky to contact you. George helped me when I was in need :)
Good location( near arpoirt)
Big room and nice bathroom. Plenty of space in room.
Kind staff around.
Free WiFi .

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Martin B
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at In and Out Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Martin we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back if you ever find yourself back in Johannesburg.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

If comfort, security, safety and homely flavor are amongst your priorities, then look no further! Friendly transfers and warm
hospitality. Delicious breakfast served on request. Although the weather is generally good throughout the year, opportunity for improvement exists around installation of aircons in rooms.
I'm looking forward to visit again

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Kactas
Sarah H, Public Relations Manager at In and Out Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Thank you so much for your review, It was a pleasure to have you at our Lodge and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your suggestion about the air conditioning that is our next step in upgrading In and Out.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Beautifull place,amazing service.warm reception from Owner George and staff.

Homely view in a quiet surburb,2 minutes walk from the mall with all facilitiesi.e banks and shops and a filling station.

This is my new home away from home when in joburg.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Wame M

Thank you so much for staying with us it was a pleasure to host you at In and Out. We Look forward to welcoming you back soon :)

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Whilst visiting South Africa from the UK as part of work I had the pleasure of staying at Tinglewood. I was situated in a room outside of the main house, had my own ensuite and everything that I could want in my room. I found the hostess to be very accommodating, always trying to ensure that my needs were met. I would stay here again, as would my colleague who travelled with me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I recently stayed at this establishment and I would hesitate to return. Upon arrival I was asked to fill in two information sheets which took longer than it should have. When I questioned the proprietor I was told this was standard protocol for all b&b establishments even though my experience is that I have never had to fill in such detail twice for any b&b I've ever stayed in.
I was then ushered through to a room inside the main house as I was told "a group of Indians" had reserved the outside deluxe rooms. The room consisted of two single beds, a bedside table and some built-in cupboard space. A kitsch artwork hung on the wall and made the place look like a throw-back to the 1970s.
The two "standard" rooms inside the house share a bathroom consisting of a bath, basin and toilet. As two people had arrived during the night, I woke up in the morning to the reality that I had to share the bathroom with two strangers who also used the bath in the morning as there was no shower.
I skipped breakfast as the proprietor told me she would not be able to serve breakfast at 08h30 as she was off to a church fundraiser and she would simply make the breakfast early and leave it in the house kitchen warming drawer where I could collect it later!
Despite several no-smoking signs up in the house, the home reeked of stale cigarette smoke. I later discovered this was because the proprietor's husband smokes. No point in having the signs up for guests then is there?
The proprietor is a well-meaning lady who is doing her best with her husband to run a guest-house and meet the needs of her guests. This time however, I was decidedly underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Choose the outside rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business