City Lodge Hotel Bloemfontein
@ The Villa(Bloemfontein)
Cottonwood Guesthouse(Bloemfontein)
Acacia Lodge(Bloemfontein)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswithin walking distanceroom was clean and comfortablevalue for moneymimosa mallcape townpool areawi fibusiness tripexcellent servicereceptionbloemstoproseslodgevehiclebedding
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel is centrally located, typical basic City Lodge, average breakfast, friendly staff, basics in room, OK for business trip if only needing bed and shower!
Must mention the great service I got when I checked in

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We slept over on our way to Cape Town. Reception were prompt and friendly. Room in excellent condition. Enjoyed a super great chicken salad and glass of wine in the restaurant. Full buffet Breakfast was served with happy smiles ann excellent service.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

When we arrived we had some challenges with booking that was soon sorted. however the reception was not welcoming. Hotel has a light meal restuarant who themselves suggest one needs to order from Mr delivery cause meal preparation will take longer with them. there are other options but that also is in a mall and requires a bit of walking.

Day after check in i encountered a problem where my neighbour in the next room with adjoining doors was smoking with his friends in a non smoking hotel, so i called reception to look into that and move me if possible as i was struggling to breathe(7months Pregnant). the guy at reception informed the security would come check it out, 10 minutes later there was still no sign of the security. i then called back reception this time from my celphone since i had to get out of the room. the lady at reception told me she would request the duty manager to call me. she called me and i told her the challenge i was faced with. to which she responded and say she was coming through.

she only managed to pitch 10 minutes later as i bumped into her in the corridor, she went all the way to my room pto come back and tell me that there was no cigarrete smoke she couldnt smell any. i then requested to go back with her and go to the room where the guys were smoking. when she opened the room she was greeted by a cloud of cigarrete smoke. she responded to this by telling the guys they cant smoke in the room. and asked me if i still want to be moved. no apology whatsoever for making me a lier.

Then it rained i forgot my makeup bag at the hotel, only to be told the cleaning lady claims she didnot see it, however, they were more than willing to run a lie detector test at my cost. that when i lost the battle. im certain that a lot of stuff goes missing at that hotel cause when i called the lady confused me with another client that had called earlier.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We’re glad to hear that the problems with your booking were suitably resolved, but we’re sorry to hear about the other experiences you encountered during your stay. Our reception should always be welcoming, so this is disappointing to hear. The smoking situation does sound very annoying and uncomfortable – and we will certainly look into it. We do not allow smoking in any non-smoking rooms or non-smoking areas of the hotel.

As far as your makeup bag is concerned, please note that we take security and honesty issues very seriously and will certainly bring this to the attention of the hotel’s management. We’re sorry that your stay with us was not satisfactory and hope that you will give us another chance to impress you with our normally high levels of service.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

"You always know what to expect when you book at City Lodge." A quote from one of our party. We had a clean odor free room with a comfortable bed. The swimming pool was in need of attention but we enjoyed it nonetheless.

Room Tip: Avoid the stairs, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us, we are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

The City Lodge in Bloem is well located across the road from the hospital and mall in Bloem and has plenty of enclosed guest parking.
While not a big hotel I found it to be perfectly adequate for a city of this size.
The staff are friendly , all of them, and I note particularly the barmen who still put out complimentary bar snacks at days end.
My room was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed and a good work station with wi fi on, and that’s all you need when on business.
The pool , while i think of this being a business hotel , is still very nice and big , deep and with a nice garden complete with palm trees and very good quality sun beds and the hotel is built round it , it was so hot I had a dip when we arrived by car.
The only critique is that breakfast time, being very busy, the flow in the buffet area is not optimal , the toast and condiments are right on top of a very busy egg making station, which runs a queue.

If they pre-made boiled and scrambled egg and placed the on the other side with the sausages etc. , they maybe able to lighten congestion , but overall a pleasant and productive stay

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Bloemfontein, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us Faye, we appreciate your appraisal of our team, hotel facilities and hotel location. Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed and pleasant review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.