All reviews virgin active gym spar supermarket one night an excellent hotel breakfast buffet four star clean rooms business trip enjoyed my stay close to the airport convenient location stayed for nights top class short stay south africa cape town home away from home
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I found this was an average stay at the hotel. The request at the travel booking was for a beachfront hotel but no access or seaview. One had to drive to King's beach.
Disappointed by this African slavery art in my hotel room. What were they thinking? This was when grown men were treated as boys or property of the slavemaster. No sweet dreams for me I'm afraid.
Besides the breakfast and friendly staff it was nothing to write home about.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RSAPE, Owner at Paxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Monde S

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfying to you.
Please note that although we are located at the Port Elizabeth beachfront, we do not profess to have direct access to a beach, but always state that we are located overlooking the harbor and most of our rooms do indeed have sea view.
Our hotel is often appreciated for its central location near to town and the CBD and yet close distance to the local beaches. If you would have preferred a beach hotel, then we understand the reason for your dissatisfaction.
As to the art in our rooms, I believe that you might have misunderstood. No slavery is implied in any of our art pieces. In fact, all the art and pictures in our rooms have been created or chosen by previously disadvantaged artists and they also provide some of the decor for the hotel lobby. We give them a free hand as to what they would like to create, but we will most certainly look into your complaint and make sure their pieces are chosen accordingly.

We appreciate your positive comments about our breakfast and friendly staff and now that we might have clarified some of your concerns, we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

With much thanks and regards
Werner Peterseil
Managing Director

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Except for minor little things which are to be expected running a hotel, this hotel shines! I love staying there on my business trips. Staff are friendly and helpful and appointments are neat and clean.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RSAPE, Assistant to revenue Manager at Paxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Good day Mr Botha

Thank you once again for a amazing review. We love hearing from our regulars. Have an amazing day and see you soon.

Kind Regards

The Paxton Hotel Team

Reviewed 24 August 2018

My overall experience of my stay was extremely enjoyable and I thoroughly felt at home and comfortable in the room we had. Everything was so nice and the personalised letter and welcome complimentary drink coupon was a real surprise. everything set out in the room was easily indicated and explained. I will definitely recommend such a fine hotel . Service excellence at its best.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Day

Wow, thank you so much for this awesome review and a warm Paxton welcome to you. We are delighted to know that our Hotel has made such a impact on you. We all know that attention to detail., makes our guest have a unforgettable stay at The Paxton Hotel. It also make guests "want" to return. We hope to see you soon again.

Have a awesome day

Kind Regards
The Paxton Hotel Team

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We didnt spend too long in PE just this one night and we enjoyed our stay. We arrived in the evening around 7pm and were heading to the airport at 6am so it was just somewhere to put our heads down for the night really. Our check in staff gave us a voucher for two free drinks at the bar and we had them along with a nice dinner just after we checked in. We were too early from breakfast but we were provided with breakfast boxes before we headed to the airport. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were nice a spacious and there was very little noise so it was the perfect stay for us while we were here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018

This is s very nest hotel in a beautiful part of Port Elizabeth. The staff are very friendly, serves a great breakfast and the rooms are neat and tidy. My only concerns were that the corridors smell like smoke and the grilled hake I had for supper was as tough as a piece of rubber. Will probably stay here again but will go out for supper.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
RSAPE, Manager at Paxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and for choosing The Paxton Hotel. Comments made regarding the food is taken seriously and we are pleased you had an enjoyable stay but to hope to welcome you back to improved food service

Regards