Humewood Hotel
The Boardwalk Hotel(Summerstrand)
US$198
US$187
Priceline
Dolphin Dance Lodge(Port Elizabeth)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$44
US$123
US$108
Agoda.com
Garden Court Kings Beach(Port Elizabeth)
US$130
Orbitz.com
SUN1 Port Elizabeth(Port Elizabeth)
US$45
All reviewsold ladylovely old hotelwalking distance to beachoverlooking the beachrestaurants and barsrecommend this hotelbuffet stylerooms are comfortablestar hotela great place to staysea viewshort stayportlekkerpegmestablishment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Walking distance to beach, boardwalk etc. Clean rooms and hard to believe it is still a 3 star hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast but the main restaurant can be pricey . Close to all amenities with an abundance of restaurants close by

Room Tip: Beach front rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Squash_10
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We use the hotel at least six times a year but nothing is in place to ensure that repeat visitors get acknowledgement for their support - in fact, the more you use the venue the worse the treatment.
On arrival, no security was available to open the parking at the back of the hotel - had to phone for service. As I was too early to book in and had to rush off to a cricket match I asked whether my baggage could be stored and transferred to my room which was prepaid. This was not done so staff actually do not care whether my belongings when missing.
The safe in my room was also not working and no customer feedback questionnaire forms were available (the one from the previous guests was still not collected.
Worse was when I went to the pub only to be told that I cannot add my drinks to my bill - You are not allowed to do so, you must pay cash. The front desk staff would not listen to my complaint and shoved me off with "we are not aware of it, who is the barman," and eventually blamed management for my predicament.
This is not what I expect from a three-star hotel especially as we often use and recommended it.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a sea facing room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Hennie M
Dave S, Manager at Humewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Many thanks for your review, constructive criticism is always appreciated and helps us to correct wrongs, we will investigate the issue and address it

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Coming from out of town to hospital visits in PE is always a bind. The Humewood Hotel is a great place to stay, right on the beach front. It is clean, well appointed and provides great breakfasts. We found dinner in the restaurant a bit pricy though! Regular tourist coaches lend an international travel flavor, so the visit can be refreshing.

Room Tip: Best rooms are facing the sea - either first or second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

It might say 3 stars on the front door, but that is clearly not what you get when you step inside. This place is really punching well above its belt.

Service is swift,crisp and friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. Walls are thick and you have really good privacy. Stunning view from the rooms that overlook the ocean.

The buffet was just out of this world. So much to choose from and the food and the flavors is amazing. Food is fresh and well presented.

This Hotel is really amazing. I am still amazed that it is a 3 star hotel as this place gives you so much more than that.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Decided to stay with them for our Babymoon. Made a sea view booking.
Booking with Jackie was great. She was friendly and helpful.
The Hotel is well kept and the room we stayed in very nice. I would go back, but what really needs work is the friendliness of the staff. From booking in at reception up to the lady helping at the breakfast....shocking. The only friendly staff I met was the barman and the cleaning lady in the passage. Guys, we are on holiday, and although it is work for you, a smile and a friendly howdy makes one stay so much more enjoyable. O yes, and the car security man on night shift, wow was he friendly and helpful !!!

Room Tip: Book early if you want a sea view room.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple