All reviews golf course full kitchen living room the grill washer dryer king suite gas fireplace made to order omelets views of the mountains main building love this place family wedding pool and hot tub play golf fitness center the general manager parking lot
Reviewed 26 October 2018

When I arrived to the hotel after very a long drive, I felt like I was really bothering the dude who was sitting on his butt in the office, since he gave me the "yeah, I'll be a minute" type attitude, prior to completing the check in process.

A few things I noticed just within the first two days or so were as follows. 1) Breakfast was very, very blah. Even though I had already paid to include it in the price, I skipped it after the first day. The staff working in the kitchen seemed like it was a tremendous pain to have them whip up an omelette, and they have a huge sign on the table for everyone to see stating that gratuity is not included in their breakfast. It might be more effective for them after they serve your foot to wrap the sign around their neck and then come sit near your table with an empty cup to beg for change.

2) The elevators in the building take forever. I would bet that you could make it up to the top of the Willis Tower in a shorter length of time than it takes the elevator just to go up two floors. It reminds me of the old Imperial Palace elevators in Vegas, only slower.

3) No safes were available in the rooms for your expensive belongings, and the safe in the main office that they request for you to use, appears to have only enough room for a ham sandwich.

4) The cleaning crew show their laziness by just putting fresh towels in a bag and hanging it on the door. I'm guessing they also used Windex on the wine glasses to make them shiny, since I got a big whiff of it after pouring a drink and then having to dump it down the drain. After cleaning your room, you'll barely notice the difference as I don't think they even use a vacuum cleaner for the carpets. They also left the sliding door open and so we were greeted by moths in the bedroom after we came back in the evening. On top of that, we found a dead bird and some mouse poo all over the patio, so who knows if that thing ended up in the room at some point as well while it was open.

5) The AC in the room is very loud, but not to be outdone by their toilets. These things would give a rocket taking off from Cape Canaveral a huge run for it's money on the decibel meter. Plan on waking everyone else up at 3:00AM if you have to take a whiz.

6) The TV remotes work about 5% of the time. Even standing directly in front of the tv and pressing the buttons like mad will get the channel changed about one per minute, and thats if you’re good.

On the bright side, the rooms do have their own washer and dryer, so that is a huge help. Unfortunately it seems like the only viable option for a hotel South of Tucson, so until Sahuarita offers something up, you're really kinda stuck.

One thing I can say is that the gals that worked at the front desk were very nice and friendly, however the guy that was there was zero help.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dave M,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Wyndham Canoa Ranch Resort in Green Valley, AZ. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I can assure you that if you contact me directly the next time that you travel to Green Valley, AZ, I will personally handle your reservations and make sure that we exceed your expectations. The only challenge that I will not be able to overcome is the speed of the elevators however since "I never have problems and only have solutions" we will just make sure that your suite is on the 1st floor next time. Please contact me directly at 520-382-0460 or by email at brian.wright@canoaranchresort.com and I will be more than happy to make your future reservations. Again I am very sorry to hear about these challenges that occurred but will make sure we correct them the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We held a business learning seminar. The meeting room was perfect; and set up on time. We received excellent courtesies and considerations. In addition, we stayed in the one (1) bedroom suites. The one (1) bed room suites are spacious, super clean with washer and dryer, including a full kitchen with dishes and appliances. We received first class hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

haideesrsseminar,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent seminar at our Resort. We enjoy hosting the Richard Shostak Customs Compliance seminars at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the suites as well as our meeting facilities. We hope to have you back with us again very soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This was my first time staying here. Friends recommended this hotel and I am so happy that we took their advice.
Fabulous room with the most amazing views of the mountains, The Queen bed was so amazing that we didn't ever remember sleeping so well ever. The pool and Jacuzzi are so clean and relaxing. Free breakfast was included and the chef made us perfect omelettes topped with fresh salsa. And she even taught me some Spanish every morning.
We will never stay anywhere else in Green Valley, The value, amenities, and Service cannot be beat.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank azblackbird

azblackbird,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Wyndham Canoa Ranch Resort in Green Valley, AZ. I am very happy to hear that your experience with us was "amazing". Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our guests and it sounds like we definitely accomplished that with your stay. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again very soon. Our Summer Suite Special is still valid through the month of September so please feel free to take advantage if you can.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible!
They gave us a room. They said "no pets, no smoking". Check
The rooms are grouped together in 2's in a corner. The people next to us had a dog that wouldn't shut up.
My husband was trying to get some work done so we requested a different room.
The rooms are so tiny! The work desk was 1 foot by 1 foot. The bed was a double and very bouncy. I nearly got seasick every time my husband rolled over. Our room's "view" was the interior walls of the hotel.
The elevator was scary and old.
The dining room was just long plastic tables and folding chairs. Tgebuffet was very limited. There were ladies who would cook you eggs, but there were 8x10 signs everywhere requesting a tip!
The coffee was disgusting! We couldn't even drink it!
We were looking forward to staying in a "nice" place..I'd rather stayed in a Super 8.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lezlea H
Brian W, General Manager at Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Lezlea H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Wyndham Canoa Ranch Resort in Green Valley, AZ. I apologize for the confusion but we do have rooms that are pet friendly at our hotel and when you check-in you are assigned to either a no pet room or a room that is pet friendly depending on your reservation. I am glad that we were able to move you to a quieter room and that you let us know about the barking dog so that we were able to inform the owner. Your reservation was for a standard queen room and unfortunately those are the smallest and least expensive rooms that we offer at our resort. I am surprised to hear the comments about our beds as the mattresses are brand new Simmons Cape Breton Pillow top mattresses and they were just installed in every room and suite less than 2 months ago. We do not have any "double" mattresses at our hotel only queen and king sized. There is only 1 sign in our breakfast area that thanks our guests for gratuity for the omelet chefs. I haven't ever had any complaints about our coffee and I usually drink a cup or two myself each day but I will definitely pass along your comments to the caterer. I encourage you to reach out directly to me if you ever return to Green Valley and I will make sure that we exceed your expectations. You can email me at brian.wright@canoaranchresort.com or call me at 520-382-0460.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We have visited Wyndham Canoa Resort many times and cannot praise this resort enough! The restaurant is moderately priced and a great value for an outstanding menu. We have always stayed in one of their suites which are simply unbelievable. With complete facilities including washer/dryer, large dining area, complete kitchen, very large bath, and 1200 sq ft., you will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brian W, General Manager at Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Carl H,
I greatly appreciate hearing your praises about our Resort. I agree that our suites are "unbelievable". I have worked in hotels for over 20 years and the suites that we provide are some of the largest and most luxurious that I have ever seen. We are lucky to have 49 of them available to rent at our property. Our Summer Suite Special offers our Luxurious 1 Bedroom Suites at only $109 a night plus tax and includes our complimentary breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelets as well as our complimentary high-speed internet. This special lasts through September so we hope that you will come back and stay with us again very soon. If there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let me know.