“Great Location For Ease On & Off Interstate”

TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed 12 April 2017

If you're traveling East or West and just need to stop this is a good location. The breakfast options are very limited to continental but there's a Cracker Barrel down the street or a few local options within 3 miles. The rooms are clean and appropriately sized for business travel. Any more than 2 people may be a challenge.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Aaron G

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stayed here with my wife and son in late February. As others advised, the lobby is more of just a desk and not much else. Kind of oddly positioned on the property, but no issue.

The place had a fantastic pool that they kept very warm. We were able to use it even when the weather was not really warm. That was awesome.

Now the bad - many of the people that stay here stay for weeks and months at a time. They begin to think of the place as their home and not considerate of others around them. We stayed on a Saturday & Sunday night. Saturday night the guy next to us was playing his Spanish music at 10000 decibels all evening. They obviously were having some sort of party next to us. Okay, no problem - it's Saturday night. Well, by 1:00 in the morning I called the desk. The guy said "Yeah, I heard that as I was making the rounds a few times - I'll let them know to shut it down". Well, he obviously did this - but the guy continued screaming and yelling until at least 3:45 in the morning. He was obviously drunk or on some drugs. Staff did nothing beyond tell him to shut the loud music off. I complained in the morning, and didn't hear anything Sunday night. Regardless, not something I'd expect from a Marriott property.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kearnsisawesome
Lisa R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that the guest next door was not considerate of other guests nearby even after multiple attempts by our night auditor to quiet the guest. I would be happy to discuss this further with you by phone.
Lisa Reyes
623-535-5009

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Great location for any Tribe fan out there...less than 10 minutes from the ballpark, whether you are an Indians fan or a Reds fan. Close to many restaurants and shops as well. located right off the 10 Freeway.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2017

My Son and I were there for a Baseball Tournament @ Goodyear Spring Baseball Training Fields. We arrived at the hotel well before check in time. Clearly, they realized we spent the entire day traveling since we were from Northeast Pa. They let us check in early, we were very happy with the room, the cleanliness and view. Although, the hotel was under construction the staff made sure all guests were comfortable. The breakfast was free, it wasn't bad but, no place to sit to eat. The choice was outside on the patio or to your room. That didn't matter to me, may have to someone else. The weather was not typical Arizona weather, it was 40 to 50 degrees, damp & windy, so going outside wasn't a good idea. I definitely would stay here again because it was centralized to every place we wanted to go, and it was close to the Baseball stadium where My Son played with his team. Right down the road is Rudy's Country Store, for the best Barbecue we ever had. We went twice. Across the street from the hotel, The Cancer Treatment Center Of America, Phoenix.

Room Tip: I loved the view from our room, it overlooked the freeway, a track of farmed land. I'm not sure...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2017

My husband and I stay at a category 7 Marriott property in Scottsdale each week for work, but with attending the Fiesta Bowl, we decided to stay closer to the University of Phoenix Stadium for that specific weekend. We chose this hotel because it cost the least amount of points for three nights and was the closest to the stadium. With that said, just a few points:

1. As stated in the subject, you get what you pay for. This was the cheapest Marriott available in the area, and it definitely showed. With that said, it is still a Marriott property. While not as nice as others in the area, the Marriott quality was still present.

2. The rooms are spacious, and I believe they are in the process of being remodeled as ours smelled of fresh paint and new carpet (not a bad thing!)

3. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Nothing special, but then again it was free so there isn't much room to complain.

4. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - we really appreciated that!

5. The entrance of the hotel was probably the worst part, as it seemed non-existent. We drove around the property once before deciding that one of the doors looked like it might be the main entrance.

6. The area around the hotel seemed very safe, with plenty of options for restaurants and grocery stores.

All in all, a decent stay. Definitely lower quality than other Marriott properties, but it was still up to Marriott standards. If you are looking for a place right off of I-10 to rest for the night, this is definitely a great place to stop.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodyear
3.1 km away
5.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
1.9 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area

Been to TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear? Share your experiences!