“Good Food, Large Portions”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Goodyear
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: If you’ve ever driven on the I-10 past Goodyear (and who hasn’t???), then you’ve certainly caught sight of the Black Bear Diner located just off the freeway. Thanks to the close proximity of the Phoenix International Raceway where many NASCAR events take place and the University of Phoenix where the Cardinals play, many locals and visitors have discovered the awesome personality of our location. A major goal at every Black Bear Diner is to provide a substantial amount of personality. But don’t take our word for it – ask the steady stream of hardworking truck drivers who routinely choose our food and our staff to fill their bellies as they pass by. So, come on in to the Black Bear Diner in Goodyear… we’ll make sure we save you a seat!
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I wanted to take my brother to some place he'd never been before, and so we tried Black Bear Diner. He loved it! I've been to this chain in other states, and was not disappointed at this location either.

Our server was attentive and friendly. The food is very good and portions are large. My brother had the bacon and cheddar burger with a mix of regular fries and sweet potato fries. I tried the cheeseburger salad. The lettuce was crisp, there were plenty of add-in's, and the mix of hamburger, cheese, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce with Thousand Island dressing was tasty.

Black Bear Diner is known for the "individual size" deep dish pies, both fruit and cream ones. I took an apple pie home. It was full of baked apple slices with only a lattice crust -- just the way I like pie.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

My first comment when they served our breakfast was WOW. The large plate was overflowing with large portions of food. The omelette was excellent, the fruit was plentiful and the toast was hot with plenty of butter. Pancakes were also excellent, and the bacon was just the right amount of crispy. Our waitress was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Black Bear Diner in Goodyear Az. Real good food servers are very nice and attentive. I've been going to this establishment for sometime now. Very seldom do I have an issue but when I do they take care of very quickly!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Go there about twice a month on special occasions and it’s always good food and it keeps me coming back. Service is good and the atmosphere is cool.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

This was my first time visiting The Black Bear Diner and I was pleasantly surprised by the décor and most of all the food. I tried their "Cowboy Burger" and it was outstanding!

The place is well maintained, the portions were large, the prices were fair and the staff was very friendly and attentive.