All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls walking distance cracker barrel beautiful pool area room was clean hotel is great hot tub fiesta bowl complimentary breakfast is the young lady football stadium free shuttle restaurants and shopping a great stay refrigerator and microwave the breakfast area
Reviewed 9 May 2016

The service at the front desk was quick even though they were busy. The room was nice and the hotel was comfortable. Microwave and refrigerator in my room and the wifi was easy to access and was a fast connection.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I usually stay here for business and it is a very clean, modern and well kept property. Centrally located to many attractions and a wide variety of restaurants.

The staff is friendly and always have a positive attitude. Very happy with my stays here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2016

The hotel is clean and confortable. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast!
I stayed here for a week and everything was very good.
The hotel is very close to an outlet with many shops.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2016

How I do my reviews. The average rate for a hotel in 2015 in the US is $120/night. Therefore, I classify 3 types of hotels I stay at: Bargain basement (sub $75), Run of the Mill ($80-125/night) and Higher Class ($130-200/night). This review is based on Holiday Inn being in the higher class category.

There is nothing wrong with the hotel, but for the money ($170/night weeknights), you really don't get much. The offerings at breakfast were standard and not the best quality I have had (for less money). The pool and spa are shared with the hotel next door. No fridge but I guess that is normal for business travelers. It would just be nice to store something other than in ice.

My main complaint: I left the DND off the door the 2nd night and came back to it on my door, with a note that said they didn't clean my room due to the sign. I talked to another resident and his wasn't cleaned either and he said he heard someone else complaining to the front desk about the same. HIE - you have a staffing problem.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Julie H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thank you so much for providing this feedback from your most recent stay with us. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping services. We do not take this lightly and will be using your feedback for coaching and training with our team so we can provide the high level of service that we expect to give to all of our guests. We hope you will give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed 8 February 2016

You can't beat the location of this hotel...within walking distance of the Tanger Outlet mall, lots of restaurants, Gila River Arena, and the University of Phoenix Stadium. The pool area is shared with the neighbouring hotel, but it is very nice. The rooms are quite average...headboards have seen better days, there was no fridge, and the rooms just seem a little dated.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be woken early, avoid a room with a pool view you can hear the kids in the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 838pattid

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!