“Early Dinner”

Mint Thai Cafe
Ranked #122 of 500 Restaurants in Gilbert
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Looked for a Thai Restaurant in the Mesa, Az area. Picked the Mint Thai Cafe and it was a excellent choice ! The prices where reasonable and the staff was very friendly. I had the Snow Pea and vegetables with shrimp and chicken with brown rice, and Thai spiced. It was excellent !! Will definitely be going back !

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Sometimes you can tell about a place by the cars out front. Here, I saw a black Lexus parked next to a 60s model VW Beetle. Inside, is a good ol' fashioned neighborhood diner. No frills or hip decor. The patrons were regular, working-class folk just out for good food in a quiet atmosphere. My red curry was excellent. Medium spice had me right at the edge of watery eyes. I wanted to use my straw to get every drop of that liquid gold. Definitely worth a try if you want honest Thai at an affordable price.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was recommend by the desk person at the hotel i was staying at nearby. She did not lie. The food was delicious and service was quick. I had a shrimp, chicken and mixed vegetable dish with a tasty sauce and ordered brown rice. Usually brown rice is not so great but I don't know how they cooked this brown rice and with what but it had a nutty taste/texture and I ate it all. I also ordered the homemade coconut ice cream with custard and I really enjoyed it. I would go back.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent Thai food! We visit there each year when in town! We would recommend this restaurant to everyone that enjoys good Thai cuisine.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Recently I had lunch with a friend. We both had the stir fried cabbage and onion dish with chicken. The soup was absolutely to die for. The fried egg rolls was good too. I loved the heat level, not too hot but gave me a kick in the back of the throat. There was very little chicken. The only compliant was that I don't eat white rice and asked not to have any. When my dish came, the cook did not add anything extra, like more cabbage to the dish. Without the rice, my meal was skimpy. I really did not want to be charged $1.50 for brown rice because it did not seem right. Most places just allow you either brown or white rice. I was hungry soon as the meal. I think allowing more veggie or just allowing brown rice would be nicer.