“ATV Tour to Box Canyon is Fun!”

Arizona ATV Adventures
Reviewed 29 April 2018

My wife and I took an afternoon trip on the Box Canyon tour on a two seat ATV earlier this week. This was our first-ever ATV adventure we had a good time. The equipment worked well, had plenty of power, was highly capable of handling anything we confronted on the 3 hour tour. Most of the tour was on paved roads (3 miles each way) dusty dirt roads (for 15-20 miles), but the highlight was the 3 miles we spent in the Box Canyon itself. Ray, the tour guide, did a good job of keeping us safe and of providing a few tidbits of the area's history. He also made sure we had access to cold water and not melted, cold Halloween size candy bars. I would've like a bit more info about the rea's history, but it is hard to talk among the group except when stopped. The gear provided is old, and well-used but generally serviceable. The bandana provided was a necessity, but the helmet and goggles were ill-fitting and uncomfortable. The 'staging area' is a bit sketchy and it is creepy that we are 50 yards from a makeshift shooting range. I would probably take another ATV trip with this company, most likely at another site in Sedona.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"terrain"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Our guide, Ray, knew I was nervous to drive. He made sure he gave me his best ATV for first-time drivers and let me follow right behind him. It made me feel very comfortable and confident! Our boys loved it!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my mother who is a senior citizen. We had both zip lined before and we had a wonderful time. Our guides focus on safety first. Highly recommend this business!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My son was spending his college spring break vacation from South Dakota with us... we had experienced another atv tour a couple of years ago in Phx and wanted to try another tour but on a different trail and just so happened to be a different company... we really loved the first and were worried it might pale in comparison... nope~ we loved it!!! The tour guides Ray and Leo were awesome, the Box Canyon Trail was beautiful and it was ALOT less expensive than the other tour we had done... we get give this experience 2 thumbs up ♥️

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Leo and Ray were excellent tour guides! This was only my second time on a 4-wheel ATV but I was very comfortable getting started as both guides carefully explained the safety and procedures of operating the ATV. They even went around to each ATV to ensure everyone knew how to properly start and stop the ATV.

The trails were distinct but there was lots of room to drive comfortably at your own speed, allowing people to enjoy the scenery but also have some thrill and excitement. The guides stopped at several locations for pictures and to explain the First Nations history and other historical landmarks within the Canyon. I personally thought this was incredible because you would never know they existed unless they were pointed out.

Helmets, gloves, bandannas, water and candy bars were all supplied and I did not experience any issues with ATV itself. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I will definitely be doing it again next time I am in the area.